Dark Renaissance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world of magic and technology at war until mutually assured destruction forced an uneasy peace.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Members
Playing House (Jack Conners) Knightbutton Playing House (Jack Conners) Violettebutton Playing House (Jack Conners) Onyxbutton Playing House (Jack Conners) Azulebutton Playing House (Jack Conners) Alabasterbutton
Latest topics
» Noveltellus - IF: Dragon bonding, multi-species
Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 7:22 pm by Guest

» Dalibor Weyr: DRoP Semi-canon [AU] [JCINK]
Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 9:10 pm by Guest

» The Twilight RPG
Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:54 am by Guest

» Bleach Nightlands RP
Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:20 pm by Guest

» Naruto: Ripple Effect
Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 4:03 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition: Succubi
Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:45 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition
Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:22 am by Guest

» Abaddon City
Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:36 am by Guest

» BTACD! Free Form Fantasy
Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:27 pm by Guest

Affiliates
Our Buttons!

Playing House (Jack Conners) Cityruinssdraffiliate_zps7ca35b23
Playing House (Jack Conners) Draffiliate_zpse49dd83c

Our Affiliates!

Playing House (Jack Conners) Buttonsmallcopy_zps63c9a7d5
Vote for Us!

RPG-D

Top Sites Lists

Playing House (Jack Conners)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Playing House (Jack Conners) Empty
PostSubject: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 11:47 pm

You take this one. And be the Mommy. An' I'm gonna be the little girl.

Remy took the Barbie. Who knew that the Captain's office would have a dollhouse with a complete set of furniture and a family as well. She had come in to put a file on the desk of the man that she worked for. Only to find his seven year old daughter playing with her dolls on the floor. Suddenly, Remy was no longer a highly regarded detective for her twenty-eight years, she was a .. child's companion.

Okay. So, what should I do with this Mommy? Remy asks the little girl as she picks out a dress for the Mommy and brushes her hair so that it looks better than the tangled.. thing it was a minute ago.

You be a Mommy!

Oh... of course.

She put the Mommy doll into the kitchen area with the pots and the pans and made humming sounds as Amanda went around to the front of the house and had the little girl come through the front door.

Mommy! I'm home!

Welcome home darling! How was your day?

It was okay. I got a lot of homework. And it's really hard! And, a boy pushed me on the playground and I got a skinned knee!

The Mommy doll walked through the various doorways to the entry way where the daughter was standing and gave her a stiff armed hug.

There there little one. I'll help you with your homework, we'll clean your knee, and there are fresh cookies in the kitchen.

Amanda looked up at Amelia for a moment.

Do you think Mommy's really do that?

Do what?

Bake cookies for after school?

Remy chuckled. I think some do. My mom, she used to do it when it was cold. We would come home frozen from school and she would always have fresh cookies and hot chocolate waiting for us in the kitchen. My brother and I would sit at the table and shed our mittens and warm up from the inside out.

The little girl thought for a moment and then went back to playing dolls with Remy. Remy had no idea what was going to happen if Amanda's father were to come into his office, but at least it wasn't like she was shirking her duties. They were mostly done, she was just.. entertaining his kid for a little while until he could get here and do that himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 3:29 am

It was not a good day for Jack Conners.

It had been a busy day for the MHD, call volume being diverted to its officers had grown by over one-hundred and twenty percent since the Division's official opening. Unfortunately for the beat officers of the MHD, standard officers would call MHD officers in to the more difficult calls. Specialized training seemed to be the scapegoat for many officers to call someone else and avoid paperwork.

The worst part was that the Police Commission didn't seem to care.

"It makes sense for the MHD officers to be involved in standard calls. We don't want the officers becoming complacent."

"These officers are specific to their task! You don't see SWAT officers sitting in patrol cars and doing regular work. The MHD beat officers are there for direct Meta-Human calls. That's the whole purpose of the department!!"

"We know the purpose of the Division, Captain Conners. Do not forget, this Commission played a large part in its creation."

That last part really got Jack's ire. Those ridiculous, overpaid, wrinkly, bureaucrats dared claim more than an idle vote in the creation of his department? He'd love to see any of them to try to stare down a werewolf.

Stalking in to his Division, waves of officers jumped to his sides, giving him clear room. The whole crew seemed to know what the Police Commission did to Jack, and no one crossed his ire.

And now they are telling me about some potential serial killer in the city that we need to supposedly investigate!?! I looked like an idiot when I had no clue that some idiot was trying to play Jack the Ripper 2.0! When I find Remington...she's gonna hear about this.

Pulling his door from its jam, he saw the woman kneeling on the floor, playing dolls with his daughter Amanda.

My brother and I would sit at the table and shed our mittens and warm up from the inside out.

A stern clearing of his throat brought eyes up to him as the door slowly closed behind him with the slight rattle of wood and glass typical to those style of doors. A smile brightened on Amanda's face as she waved at her father, dolls in both hands.

Hi Daddy.

Amanda, is your homework done and what are you doing with my detective?

No sir, a more important assignment came across the board, she seemed to be picking up more police terminology as time went on, and she kept it in her pocket to use against him. It was high profile, so Amelia is providing me backup. We're playing house.

I can see that. Detective Remington...what are you doing in my office with my daughter?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 3:25 pm

The adorableness, of Amanda Conners, was not lost on a single male or female within the entire police force. Especially, the MHD. Amelia couldn't hide her smile as the girl talked shop with her father. Tossing big words and large terms back at him showing just how much she hung out around here. Remy looked over at the Captain, her boss, who's floor she was currently sitting on playing with his daughter. But she was happy, and precious, and desperately hard to say no to when she put up such great arguments.

When the Captain directed his questions at her Remy smiled and stood up. Brushing her blonde bangs behind her hair. Trying to ignore the way that Amanda was grinning at the both of them as if she had planned this whole fun senario.

Captain. I was bringing you some files, they're there on your desk, and Amanda was in here. She said she had just gotten out of school and wasn't ready yet to tackle the harsh realities of homework. If I would offer my assistance, and allow her mind to remain at ease for a small period, she would be able to focus on her case later.

Remy smiled as she repeated some of the exact words that Amanda had used. The little girl stood up and she stood between the two. Looking up at Remy and her father, already dreaming of wedding dresses, and flower girls, and church music and a new mommy! Amanda's big dream. Remy was oblivious to Amanda's true intentions, but she loved children and had seen nothing wrong with playing with the little girl for a little while.

You seem on edge, Captain, is everything all right?

Dad! We should go out to dinner! Amelia could come too!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Captain. I was bringing you some files, they're there on your desk, and Amanda was in here. She said she had just gotten out of school and wasn't ready yet to tackle the harsh realities of homework. If I would offer my assistance, and allow her mind to remain at ease for a small period, she would be able to focus on her case later.

It was hard not to roll his eyes. He swore, his seven year old daughter had the entire Division wrapped around her little finger. As incomprehensible as it was, Jack honestly thought his officers would more faster for Amanda's orders than his...ridiculous! This entire world was going crazy!

And now...his detective was giving him crap, all at his little pumpkin's direction.

Jack stole a glance at his daughter as the two police officers stood a few feet apart from one another. Amanda seemed to have a look of reassuring victory to her, almost as this was exactly the plan in the first place. He wouldn't be surprised; despite her tender age of seven, Amanda Conners was quite the matchmaker. She was prepared to match any woman remotely in Jack's life that she liked to Jack on a romantic level.

Dad! We should go out to dinner! Amelia could come too!

...and there it was.

It had gotten so bad, Jack sometimes found himself intentionally not making himself seem available. Hell, he wasn't available! Technically he was still married to Amanda's fugitive mother, Celeste. Forgetting what the Detective had said, Jack's eyes narrowed and he spoke slowly, trying not to yell in front of his daughter.

Detective, can I speak to you...

Amanda's eyes glistened.

...in private?

Amanda nodded slowly, in approval no less! Insanity!

The duo left his office and slowly walked to interrogation room 1, stepping in without so much as a second word. The door closed without any additional noise. Meanwhile, the officer's gossip mill began to swirl.

What do you think that was about? Officer Jensen spoke first. He was Jack's formal assistant, but he was a damn good cop, albeit a horrible gossip. Amanda watched with a big smile on her face.

I'm pretty sure they are kissing. It was my idea, since they belong together.

The officers merely nodded in agreement, letting the rumors spread. If Jack had been in the room...there might have been a shooting. Instead, he sat in the interrogation room with a mildly insubordinate subordinate.

What the hell was that Remy!? What if that was a member of the Police Commission? Please tell me you are not on the clock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:01 am

Ohhh he was mad.

Remy's lips quirked slightly. The wrath of Jack Connors didn't scare her. It made lesser men shake in their boots and it made women weap sometimes. But, Remy had been raised to take what was coming and move past it. She'd had a fantastic father who had raised his daughter this way, not to mention being a highly decorated police officer himself.

Of course, Captain lead the way.

Remy grabbed her things and followed the man out. She looked over her shoulder at Amanda who was standing there with cartoon style glistening in her eyes. She felt bad for the little girl. Who wanted someone to take care of her. Who didn't want to sit in a police station all the time. Who probably wanted to go shopping, and out to eat, to play with dolls, and pick out dresses. Those were the things a little girl needed and Amanda probably really wanted, a Mom.

Remy had never asked what happened to Jack's wife. But the rumor mill in the office ground severely and she was most certain it was grinding harder than ever now when the door closed behind the two of them. But, Remy knew that Jack's wife was a fugitive and that she had run out on him and his daughter some years ago. He hadn't divorced her, which surprised Remy but at the same time, she could understand the loyalty.

As soon as she put her things down on the table in the center of the room Jack laid into her. Remy crossed her arms over her slender chest and waited for him to get it all out of his system. Apparently, he had forgotten that she wasn't stupid, a rookie, or a complete fool. But, she would remind him soon as he finished.

Of course I wasn't on the clock! I finished my shift, if you care to know, about half an hour ago. On my way out I went to drop off files of the Ripper case on your desk. Doing my job, you know. This little girl jumps me and asks me to play dollies. I'm not on the clock and she was lonely! What was I supposed to do!? Tell your daughter to get bent! You know me better than that Captain, that's why we work so close together. And you know what, if it was the police commission, what are they gonna do? She'd probably assign them a Ken doll and we'd alllll be a family!

She walked around the table and leaned against it with her rear, so that she was just shy of sitting on the edge of the table. Her head tilted as her teal eyes watched the man she had called her boss for over a year now.

So, what has you all fired up. Because, somehow, I doubt it really has anything to do with playing dolls with your daughter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:32 am

As always, Amelia seemed in complete control, even amused, in regard to Jack's infamous wrath. He had no idea what let her not be affected when he got angry, but the fact was it was mildly refreshing to not have everyone bend down and hide. As she gave it back to him nearly completely, Jack couldn't help but smile.

She could have tea with the Commission, and they wouldn't know what enforcement protocols they passed for weeks. Damnit Amelia, why can't you people say no to my daughter?

It was a conspiracy...it had to be. Amanda at the head, conspiring to take over his Division by the time she hit puberty. Jack shook the idea of Amanda and boys before it even crossed his mind. There were things that went 'bump' in the night, and then there were things that actually scared him. Hell...that terrified him.

I swear, Amanda runs this Division better than I do. At least you all jump about three inches higher for her than you do for me. Hell, you think this is funny!

She sat on the edge of the table and regarding him the way she always seemed to, like it wasn't a big deal that she was simply mouthing off to her Captain.

So, what has you all fired up. Because, somehow, I doubt it really has anything to do with playing dolls with your daughter.

With a sigh, Jack took a similar position on the opposite side of the table.

The Commission is up my ass about this Ripper case that we are apparently ass deep in. I had no idea, and looked like an idiot. You know...that and my seven year-old is now trying to set me up with my best Detective. You know...despite regulations about fraternization.

What do we know about this killer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:41 am

Why couldn't she say no to a seven year old.

Because, she's too precious. And somehow, I doubt your as immune as you think, Captain. Amelia grinned as she watched him. She knew that something was bothering him and she felt bad for it. She knew that she hadn't done anything wrong so it wasn't her directly but she knew how to read the Captain like a book. Not to mention, his daughter tended to give her lots and lots of tips when they were in the same room together.

Today wasn't the first time she had spent time with Amanda. Sometimes, when Jack was at a meeting, the two would sneak to the break room and salvage donuts. But they always pretended they were SWAT. They would get the other office men involved and they'd have a whole team go in just for a box of six hour old donuts. But it was fun, and to see a little girl have so much fun and laugh and smile.. it was worth the twenty minutes of silliness. Besides, the Captain hadn't found out yet.

He finally came out with what was going on. And, now she could understand. The Ripper case was new, but it was huge and making headlines. People needed an answer, they wanted someone to blame for the senseless murders of these women. The problem was, the crime scenes were strangely clean. And even with her skills she wasn't making many breakthrough's like she normally did. This case had even her stumped. There were so many cases, that merely breathing in the air at a crime scene could lead her to the perp and case closed. Not this one.

It was Remy's turn to sigh. Trying to ignore the slight shrill that went up her spine when he called her Amelia... and again when he said his daughter was trying to set them up.

Ever thought of giving into her? she laughed cheerfully. She was joking, mostly, and she hoped he knew that. She didn't want to get fired. The case is still new. I put the files on your desk earlier. Three murders, three women, all gutted. Different fibers at each seen. Polyester, Wool, and Synthetic. The man is tall, well built, and uses the same knife. A specially serated knife, maximum damage. He drugs the women, so they are probably too high to feel or scream. Sadly though, we have no leads. I was just put on this case, at the third death, so I don't know everything, I wasn't at the first two crime scenes. I was at the last, but working with Blake and Caldwell stiffle me. That man is an ass, well, they both are.

Remy's teal eyes shifted over to her Captain. He was a good man, seemed lonely sometimes. His daughter was precious, pushy, and just wanted what was best for her dad.

You should try to relax, Chief. Take your daughter out for dinner. This case isn't moving anywhere any way fast. And, I'm trying as hard as I can. But, this one is good Cap. Really good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:12 am

Ever thought of giving into her? Remi asked with a laugh. Jack could only glare at her at the comment. She knew that he could never admit he had thoughts to the degree. Besides, Jack was more likely to lose his job over fraternization...he was the commanding officer, he should know better.

She went in detail about the killer and the murders thus far. There has been three, and each one more gruesome than the next. Drugged, gutted, and discarded...without a trace. At least he was consistent...his signature would get him caught. All the assholes who tried usually did. Jack grunted with disgust at the names of the other detectives she had met at the other crime scenes: Blake and Caldwell.

Homicide is knee-deep in this thing and suddenly everyone things its an Other. Why? Because the guy knows how to clean up?

Remi didn't have much more to give at the moment, but to explain that she was stumped...and that in and of itself was something. It gave something to think on, there were a lot of things to work on.

The Commission believe they know what is best, and they want to start a task force on this guy...like that won't stoke his ego. I know you're going home, but look in to the knife when you get back. If its a special serration, that means someone did it, or he did.

Also, get Kali to profile the victims...let's see if he has a type.

Kalinda Michaelson was the unit psychologist, mainly there to give them evals after bad situations and at their entrance to the program. But, once she got formally assigned to the MHD, that made her Jack's. Jack was not going to waste a valuable crime fighting resource.

Anything else Amelia? At least, before we head out of here in to the rumor mill?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 6:22 pm

You know the norms. They'll blame anything on an Other that they can. They want it to be an other. That way, they have a reason to get their pitchforks out.

If they weren't in private, she never would have used a term Norm. But, it was still true. She knew that people wanted a reason to hate the Others. To instigate a new war. She couldn't believe the amount of crime that was Other related. People hurting others, or others hurting non-others. All because they were so different. She could understand the Norms being afraid of those that suddenly had powers. But, it didn't necessarily mean the person themselves had changed. It just meant, that they were different because their bodies had altered.

People didn't see it that way though.

He told her to look into the knife. She was all ready doing that, but she nodded. no need to be extra testy, now that she got down to the nitty gritty of what was bothering the Captain. She could tell that the man needed a break. She could tell that he was tired, probably over working himself and singlehandedly raising a daughter that liked to meddle in his affairs.

Truth was, Amelia loved that little girl. She loved it when the little girl gave orders, or plopped on her desk and began to orangize her pens and pencils. Talking like she was a big girl but Amelia could tell that she just wanted to be the center of attention. To her, Amanda was in her own way, calling out for the Mom she didn't have. But, she wasn't a psychologist, didn't try to be one, still, she never minded Amanda coming around.

When do you get off Cap? Why don't I take Amanda for a little while? Take her to my place, I have a dog, and she needs someone to play with anyway. I can run Amanda out for you, and you can pick her up after your shift if you want. Just offering, since, you look tired, and it's not late yet. I'll even feed her.

Remy was trying to be nice, and truth be told, even with Puddles at home, she sometimes got lonely. But, she also thought the little girl could use a little woman time, and so, she figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Besides, if his shift didn't end for a few hours, then she would be stuck here at the precinct until he was done, and that wasn't fair to the little girl.

You know she'll enjoy it. We'll get her homework done, and you can come get her. You know where I live, I'm sure, and if not, I'm sure you can figure it out. You're a detective, afterall. she grinned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 12:45 am

When do you get off Cap? Why don't I take Amanda for a little while? Take her to my place, I have a dog, and she needs someone to play with anyway. I can run Amanda out for you, and you can pick her up after your shift if you want. Just offering, since, you look tired, and it's not late yet. I'll even feed her.

Jack shifted, thinking. He knew Amanda liked Remi, but he wasn't sure that the feeling was for the right reasons. The last thing he wanted to do was indulge Amanda's wild fantasies about a new mom. With a sigh, he shifted and faced her.

Uh...I don't know Amelia. She's got homework, and we still need to do dinner. Seems like a lot of travel and excitement for a school night.

You know she'll enjoy it. We'll get her homework done, and you can come get her. You know where I live, I'm sure, and if not, I'm sure you can figure it out. You're a detective, after all.

She had him there. His arguments thoroughly vanquished, Jack relented, smiling back at her.

Fine. She can go with you if she wants to...who am I kidding? She'll come with you. I'll be at your place no later than eight. Call me if you end up going somewhere.

Stepping towards the door, he slowly opened it.

If I was the great detective, I wouldn't need you, now would i?

He winked and stepped out to the quickly fleeing crowd of officers, who got orders barked at them before Jack headed back to his office.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 1:10 am

Remy smiled.

She had won. Victory! Remy-1 Boss-man-0.

Remy grinned over at him, she was glad that he needed her. They opened the door and she was actually somewhat surprised by the amount of people that had thrown themselves away from the interrogation room. She laughed softly under her breath and headed for Jack's office while he barked orders at the people that had been eavesdropping.

Peeking her head into the Cap's office she grinned.

Come on girly, we're heading to my place while your dad finishes up work.

Amanda's eyes widened. Really! Yay!

Amanda grabbed her things and threw them over her shoulder. Excited to be going somewhere and hoping that it meant her father and Remy were working on something together. With a hug to her father, Amanda followed Remy out of the doorway and towards the parking lot and her car. Amanda was nearly skipping with excitement.

Now, I promised your father we'd have your homework done by the time he picks you up. Buuuut, before that, lets make some cookies. Play with Puddles.

Who is Puddles? she asks her big eyes innocently excited.

My dog. Well he's still somewhat of a puppy. But, he's cute. We can throw his ball to him in the backyard.

You have a PUPPY!?

The excitement in the girls eyes made Amelia laugh as they headed to her car. They got in and buckled up. She began to drive towards home and felt the little Connor's stare on her most of the way.

You have a question? she asked the girl.

ISMYDADAGOODKISSER?!

Amelia was glad they were already at a stop light because if they hadn't been, it could have been really bad. The last thing she needed was for her to get charged with a ticket for running a red light when she was taking care of the Captain's daughter for the first time.

I wouldn't know.. she said clearing her throat. This little on cut to the chase didn't she?

He didn't kiss you!? What?! I'm gonna have to have a serious talk with him when I get home. she says so seriously Amelia can only laugh again.

They pull into the parking area of her small flat. It isn't an apartment, it's more of a condo. Two stories, small yard, sandwiched inbetween two condos that look exactly the same from the outside. They go up the front walk and inside, barking is already at the door. The black yorkie happily greets the two girls as they step over the thresh hold.

Lets take him out back for some potty and ball time, then we can come in for homework while I make dinner. she tells Amanda as they head out into the small back yard area.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Get back to work! Worthless gossip mongers! Isn't there crime in this city to fight?!?

Police men and women scattered, feigning work at their desks or some place they needed to be. The Captain's wrath was well feared, as it should be! Very few were able to resist it. Amanda was one, she would always simply stick her tongue out at him and tell her dad to stop being ridiculous. The other that never seemed to be affected by it was Amelia...which was amazing in and of itself.

When Jack and the Detective entered his office, they explained the situation to Amanda. Just as Jack had predicted, she was more than ok with the idea of spending some time with Remy. A quick hug exchanged, the young girl was trotting off with the leggy detective without a care in the world.

Oh, to be a child again...so few care in the world. If only one of her cares would not be setting up her father!!

Jack settled in to his desk and began reviewing the so called 'Ripper' file that Amelia had left on his desk. Whoever this guy was...he was one sick puppy. No care for the treatment of his victims, just mutilation and a signature. He seemed like a straight up sociopath. This Ripper was merciless, careful, and smart.

...and he was toying with them.

It would be a long road ahead, but he knew something would come up. These guys always got cocky, and then they made a mistake. When they did would be when the BPD would come down on this Ripper like an avalanche.

Closing the file, Jack took a deep breath and leaned back in his chair. So...what the hell was he supposed to do without Amanda to entertain?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 11:48 pm

Amanda was hot and sweaty by the time the girls walked into the house. Remy gave her a glass of water and told her to get started on the mountain of homework that the school had sent home. Amanda groaned and Amelia couldn't help but smile. She actually, strangely, wondered if this was exactly what it would be like to be a mom. She supposed that it was. Still, as she entered the kitchen to start throwing together a dinner, she watched the girl work dilligently on her homework.

Jack had raised her well.

Once homework was done, she pulled Amanda into the kitchen while the chili stewed on the stove top. Waiting to be just the right consistency.

Okay get the flower, three eggs, and the oil.

The girl rushed into the pantry and then to the fridge and back with an arm load of supplies. She began to give Amanda a list of things to do. Letting the girl make this all by herself, and knowing she would be proud in the end. Remy stood back and directed while she worked on the chili to get it just right. She fully intended to send a great deal of it home with Jack when he came to pick up Amanda. The man had horrible taste in food, mostly fast food and some home cooking would probably do him just right.

What am I making?

You'll see in just a few minutes. Now get the sugar and a little metal tin in there. With a red lid.

She rushed off and came back again putting the ingrediants on the top of the counter and adding just as Remy told her. They opened the tin together, and there were chocolate chips inside. Amanda gasped and ate a few, before Remy stopped her saying she would ruin her dinner if she filled up with sweets. Everything all mixed in. They got out the baking sheet, and she buttered it. Together, they used a couple of spoons to put the dough into tiny balls on the sheet.

Amanda gasped. We're making cookies! Aren't we?! Aren't we?!

Remy laughed. Not we, you are making cookies. To give to your dad.

Amanda beamed happily and was all the more into her work because of it. The cookies filled the air while the chili was finally finished and Remy spooned out portions topped with cheese and tortilla chips. As a special treat, she and Amanda sat in front of the TV with their bowls of chili and Remy found a movie that they could both watch. One of those Christmas Comedy movies, that had Amanda laughing so hard she could barely eat her chili.

Remy had changed earlier, into a pair of jeans and a long sleeve blue sweater with a low neck and a white camisole underneath. With just a touch of lace. Casual, yet still elegant and put together. Puddles was out like a light on the rug.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:21 am

Jack lounged in his chair losing his place on the report he was reading...again. This was the third time Conners had tried reading Officer Ramirez's arrest report. Once again, the words blurred together and didn't make sense after the second paragraph. Sighing with resignation, Jack's stomach rumbled in protest of a lack of sustenance for a long day. Rising from his chair, he grabbed his keys and duffel and locked his office.

Goodnight, Captain. Have a good drive home.

Thanks Jensen. You too, don't work too hard.

Walking out to his car without much fanfare, Jack nestled in to the driver's seat and sat there, wondering where to go.

Its only 6:45. I want to give the girls plenty of time for...girl time. Maybe I should grab some dinner for myself.

Driving around the city, Jack found a small drive-through burger joint and ordered himself a bacon cheeseburger with onion rings, and a small chocolate milkshake. Sitting in the parking lot of the restaurant, Conners slowly enjoyed his meal to the sounds of the radio before heading towards Amelia's condominium.

Pulling up around 7:32 PM, Jack turned off the ignition and waited for a moment. Should I go in? I said they could have until eight. Well...I think I'll just stay out here then.

With that thought firmly in place, Jack let the seat go back just a bit and he relaxed in to a position for his cell to go off at eight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:40 am

After dinner, it was quiet. Amelia did her dishes, and put the rest of the chili into a container. The cookies were cooling and Amanda had already eaten two but she was going to be able to take the rest home which seemed to wipe the puppy dog pout right off the girls' face. Amanda was back to homework and was almost done. They were tossing spelling words back and forth at each other and for each one right, Amelia put a quarter in a jar. Saying that when it was filled she could take all the quarters and buy herself something nice.

What if I don't get to come back?

I'm sure, between us girls, we can make that happen.

Amanda just grinned from ear to ear, and was loving the attention that she was getting from Remy. Not to mention, she couldn't get over the fact that she was being cared for. Annnd she couldn't wait til her Daddy got up here so they could be like a family for a little while.

Car lights swept across the windows and Amanda peeked out through the blinds. Eyes narrowed as she turned back to Amelia letting the blinds close fully. She whispered for Amelia to come over, and the two girls looked out over the balcony and found her father leaned back all comfy like in the front seat of his car.

What do you think he's doing down there?
Playing Mister Professional Police man.
Well that won't do, will it?
Of course not! Can I use your phone?

Amelia handed the girl her cell and Amanda quickly dialed the number. The girls could see the face of his phone light up in the car as he answered it.

DADDY! Why are you EARLY? And WHY are you still in the car! We can see you! We're watching you Daddy! Get up here! You need to meet Puddles, and we had fun, and I want to show you stuff. Now! she adopted her Captain of police voice and then she hung up.

Amelia chuckled and they put the blinds back down. Remy made sure that Amanda had all her things together, and left her sitting at the table as she went down to the door. She waited until she could hear Jack on the other side of it. No need for him to knock, though she looked through the peephole to make sure that he actually the one at the door before she opened it.

Light inside, haloed her in a soft light. The blue of her sweater caught up in her pretty teal eyes, and she gave him a warm soft smile.

Come on in. I think she's had a really good time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 1:05 am

Jack shifted slightly as his phone went off, vibrating and making noise, before he got a chance to answer it. Seeing an unknown number, Jack cocked his head in thought for a moment before making a calculated guess.

Amanda, from Amelia's house phone.

Hello?

DADDY! Why are you EARLY? And WHY are you still in the car! We can see you! We're watching you Daddy! Get up here! You need to meet Puddles, and we had fun, and I want to show you stuff. Now!

I... Before he could get another word out, the phone had disconnected, and all Jack could do is laugh. That girl did talk faster than a high speed police chase.

Letting the seat return to its normal position, Jack exited his vehicle and softly shut the door before locking it with his key fob. Observing the neighborhood was a long past moment for him, but he did notice that it was a decent place to live, and it seemed to have some sufficient space considering its location deep in the city proper. Strolling up to the door, he didn't even need to knock before the sounds of locks and chains were heard and the door was opened.

Amelia stood there, alone, looking very...nice. She smiled at him, which got a smile back. Was the smile too warm on Jack's side? Not taking too much time to think on it, Jack stepped in at Amelia's invitation.

Come on in. I think she's had a really good time.

Thank you, I am sure she did. She wasn't too much of a handful, was she?

After Amelia waved off the prospect of Amanda being too much to handle, Jack softly touched her shoulder.

Thank you for this Amelia, I owe you a big one. Now...are you sure Amanda hasn't proposed to you already for me? It...wouldn't be the first time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 1:13 am

He stepped in and she closed the door behind them. Locking it back in place. It wasn't a bad neighborhood. It was just that she felt more secure when she knew the locks were done. The girl was deathly quiet upstairs and Amelia was certain she was listening to everything that was being said from down below as Jack stepped through into the entry way. To Amelia's surprise he touched her, on the shoulder.

She was definitely not a handful.

The warmth of his hand on her shoulder made her blush quite b it as her teal eyes looked up at him. Her smile warming even more. She couldn't help but figure that maybe, maybe he was starting to see her as something more than just a woman that worked for him. But, maybe, just as a woman. She had no idea if that was the case, or if he was just this friendly always outside of the job. She had never had time to figure that kind of thing out. She'd never spent time with him outside of company functions.

I, don't think, I've been proposed to just yet. But, maybe I have passed the test.

She chuckled softly, but she didn't move. Standing there in the enclosed space staring up at Jack, was kind of exhilerating. He was so different. And had he seriously just called her Amelia? Most of the guys just knew her by Remy. Because of her last name, and the kind of gun she tended to carry around. That was just something that stuck. She hadn't grown up with the name Remy. It had been Lia, or Ams. But, Remy was given to her in the Police force, and it stuck hard and cold like most nicknames do.

Sometimes, she was so surprised when someone called her Amelia that she didn't realize at first they were talking to her. Her eyes even had a soft smile to them, just because of her demeanor and her personality.

Did.. did you call me Amelia, Jack? she whispered softly, a bit in awe that he would use something so gentle with her. Normally it was, RemY!!! With exclaimation points added in for good measure. Like this afternoon. But, now, there was something more laid back and gentle, about Jack Connors, and she had to admit, she kind of liked this side of him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 5:13 am

I, don't think, I've been proposed to just yet. But, maybe I have passed the test.

Oh, thank Terra. Last thing I need is Amanda chasing away another girl with potential.

Potential? Hmmm...

They stood in her foyer, having that awkward moment like at the end of a date. That moment where you looked at each other, and flushing cheeks and rapid looks away were common, that eager moment of waiting to see how an evening would end. Except...they hadn't gone on a date, and yet there was that chemistry...that feeling.

Did Amanda really just go on a date for me? Is that what happened? If that's the case...this was way cheaper.

Passed the test? I don't know if I like the sound of that...maybe some talking to Amanda will be in order.

A slight squeak and soft footfalls could be heard after his comment as Amanda retreated to a slightly further position from the two adults. Jack chuckled as he figured the silence was too good to be true.

Did.. did you call me Amelia, Jack? she whispered the words, making Jack have to lean in a bit to hear her correctly. It was like she was stunned in some way that he used her real name.

Yes...that is your name, isn't it? Jack let a curious eyebrow raise at her, as if he may be willing to accept a different answer than what was expected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:49 am

Amelia smiled. The little girl had actually been quite the joy to have over. She enjoyed playing the part of mom, sister, whatever the little girl thought her of. She had a feeling it was the former though. She could tell that amanda really wanted to have someone she could place into the mothering role that had not been filled for a long time. Remy didn't know how long his wife had been gone. But, she was certain it was long enough that amanda probably didn't remember her much.

Amanda upstairs squeaked and she heard the girls feet padding across the wooden floor probably closer back to the homework area that was all packed up now. They had just gotten Battleship out to play, but that was right before they had seen her father's car lights in the window. Plans had changed.

Remy turned her attention back to the man that had said her name. He leaned in closer, and Remy's heart rate jumped significantly in her chest. Which was weird. She had been close to the captain before without this ever happening. But, then, it was never in private personal situations. So maybe now, that she wasn't in a setting where she was used to being professional, things were changing.

Well, yes, I just.. don't think I've ever heard you say it before.

She leaned in even closer. Her hand gently resting on his elbow. Mostly, just because, they were so close and she wondered if he was feeling the things that she was feeling. The chemistry that was drawing them closer. They could have rushed right back up the stairs but they didn't need to. They had a small amount of personal time, here in the entry way and she was most definitely enjoying getting to know him better than before. In a different way.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 6:29 am

just.. don't think I've ever heard you say it before.

Jack chuckled softly as she leaned in a bit and softly touched his elbow. It was the slightest, simplest of touches, yet it seemed so much more than that. There was definitely chemistry between him and the good Detective. You'd be a fool not to feel it, the way they stared in to each others eyes and kept seemingly getting closer to one another. So many interesting things going on at that moment, yet one thing kept resounding in his head.

Son of a bitch...

...Amanda was right.

The simple thought that his daughter had been so right about the connection between him and Amelia boggled his mind. No other thought crossed Jack's mind...well, except for how cute Amelia looked when she chewed her lower lip like that.

Well, maybe I need a new Detective then. I believe I called you by that named earlier today, actually. How could I trust you to be so observant when you can't remember something like that?

Of course, he was teasing, and she knew it. Remy was always tough. It was never easy being in the MHD, nevertheless as a female. It was something to be proud of and it only added to her allure: a woman in a man's world. Leaning in a bit more, Jack supported himself on the wall, his arm raised over her shoulder.

I don't suppose that was a purposeful error then, Amelia?

They were close. Very close. Jack could almost feel her breath on his own lips. Nothing else seemed to be going on around him: not the non-fraternization protocols, not the yipping of Puddles, nor the soft footfalls that slowly returned. This was that moment.

A sharp intact of breath seemed to carry over the moment.

Ohmygosh! Yesssssss!! The whisper was shrill and barely there, but Jack caught it, reflex causing him to pull back with a sigh.

An awkward look flushed across Jack's face, not really knowing where to go from there.

Uh...kids, huh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:49 am

Perhaps the impact is more significant since it's in a personsal environment. she whispered back.

He was close, so much closer to her than before. His arm lifted up, steadying himself against the wall just over her shoulder. Remy couldn't help but smile. She really thought the Captain was a good looking man and she liked the aire he had about him. She was also no-nonesense about the fact that she could easily not be needy. She wasn't the kind of girl that was going to need him to coddle her at work merely because she was his girl. If.. that happened. She was getting way ahead of herself at this point.

He was so close. She could smell the remanents of his aftershave. She could feel the heat coming off his body. Her long blonde lashes fluttered slightly as she studied his figure in the close proximity. He was tired, that much she could easily tell but he worked himself harder than anyone else.

You can't make me talk. she whispered with a little whispered chuckle. She couldn't help it, toying with him just slightly. He was even closer, her hand reached up, and moved to lay gently on the white shirt he wore just underneath the blazer from the office. She almost wanted to grab his tie and pull him into a kiss, but she really wanted him to make the first move.

Then a whisper. And the moment was broken. Jack pulled back, and Amelia's hand fell to the side. He made a comment about 'kids' and she gave a weak smile and nodded. She motioned for him to follow her upstairs.

Oh! Nononononono!!!!

Amelia headed up the stairs leading the way as Puddles shot past them upstairs and jumped up and down against Amanda trying to get her attention. The little girl was upset of course, that the two hadn't kissed.

Amanda, why don't you show your Daddy what you made today? Amelia said as they entered the house proper.

It was homely. Comfortable. It wasn't very modern, or very heavily decorated. It was the kind of place that seemed almost a generic home. There were soft beige couches, and maroon throw pillows. There was a marroon throw rug in the center of the living room on top of which a black coffee table rested. The TV hung over the fire place. The kitchen was brown granite and wooden cabinets, with a candle burning on the stove to keep the scents welcoming. The dining set was black with black chairs but round instead of square.

Welcome to my place, Jack. Make yourself at home. Amelia said warmly. Would you like anything to drink? Or eat? I made some chili if you're hungry.

It was really yummy! We put chips in it! So it was crunchy yummy! Amanda said as she came around the corner from the kitchen carrying a plate of cookies. Chocolate chip in variety.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 4:39 am

Amelia gave him a soft smile, something showing in her eyes as she nodded in...was that disappointment? Jack wasn't sure to make of it at the moment, but there wasn't much time to think about it as she quickly brought him up the stairs in to her kitchen area.

Amanda, why don't you show your Daddy what you made today?

Amanda scurried away for a moment while Jack took in the various sights of the home. It was nice, comfortable, and homely. It had personal touches, like the decorations and scented candle, that showed pride in ownership and a style brought about only by a single person. It was a nice place to live that had a distinctive woman's touch.

A woman's touch that was sorely missing from the Conners' life.

Welcome to my place, Jack. Make yourself at home. The warmth in her voice was familiar to their time in the foyer. Would you like anything to drink? Or eat? I made some chili if you're hungry.

Shaking his head, Jack replied simply. No, thank you. I ate before I got here...but thank you much Amelia. You've got a great place here.

Amanda rounded the corner with a plate of cookies, a big smile on her face.

It was really yummy! We put chips in it! So it was crunchy yummy!

Crunchy yummy, huh? I may have to come back for some of this famous chili then. Heck, if you ate it that's a miracle in itself. You refuse to eat my chili. Jack knelt down to his daughter and took a cookie, taking a bite.

Great cookies, right Daddy? Jack nodded and turned towards Amelia. What's your secret? These are about ten times better than mine...and you got my daughter to eat chili. Come on...out with it.

Who are you and what have you done to my daughter?

Amanda's giggles only heightened the question as Jack rose a single eyebrow at the blond who stood before him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Amelia couldn't help but smile at his compliment. She liked her home. She had done her best to make it the kind of place that you could just come home and relax to after a long hard day at the office. Not to mention, that it was the kind of place you didn't feel scared to put your feet up on the coffee table, dress in your sweats, and watch a movie while eating dinner on the couch. That was the kind of place that she wanted. A relaxing homely place.

Thanks. I like it.

Amelia smiled, she didn't know that Amanda was a picky eater. They hadn't had a single problem and Amanda had been willing to try just about anything. But, with it being cold outside and them having gone outside to play with Puddles they needed something warm, but something that would stick to the bones. So she had gone with chili.

Well we have enough left over. You'll be taking some home anyway.

Jack tried one of the cookies and Amelia saw that he came to the conclusion that she had. They were awesome. Of course the recipe was easy, and always tasty, but the little one had done her best to make it even better than one might have expected. She had put love into those cookies for her Daddy. Amelia smiled at Amanda's giggle.

I made the chili. She did the cookies. That's allll Amanda right there. And, I guess the main reason she ate my food is... I can cook?

Amanda giggled loudly. She had no idea if the man could cook or not but she couldn't resist ribbing the man just a little bit because she could. She motioned for the couch so they could all sit down together. She sat herself down in the plush chair, letting Amanda and Jack have the couch. The fire kept the temperatures warm in the apartment and Puddles was already back out laying on the rug close to the fire sleeping. With his paws twitching slightly.

Daddy! Amelia said we could stay over ANY time we wanted. And, so I think we should stay over tonight!

Amelia grinned. She had said that, only because the girl had asked. Not that Amelia would mind. Especially, after what had almost happened downstairs she wanted another chance at that situation. Somehow she had a strange feeling if he left the house tonight, and they hadn't done anything, it would never happen. It could be her nutty suspiscions, that was just how she felt.

She has two extra bedrooms! I saw them on the tour! You could use one Daddy! Or you could.. like.. share a bed with Amelia! It would be all warm!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:21 pm

I made the chili. She did the cookies. That's allll Amanda right there. And, I guess the main reason she ate my food is... I can cook?

Jack spun softly on his heels as Amanda laughed at Amelia's comment. He gave the blond a look that said Oh really now? followed by a facial expression of complete understanding. Because, the truth was, Jack now understood.

He was outnumbered. His own daughter, turned against him.

He knew it would happen, but he thought it would take longer with Celeste out of the picture. Amelia really had a way with Amanda, and it made Jack look at her in a very new light. He followed her to the beige couch and sat on one end, letting Amanda sit on the other whilst Amelia took a plush chair. Her dog took to having dog dreams on the carpet without much provocation.

Worn the furry one out, didn't you? Did you have fun playing with Detective Remington's puppy. Amanda nodded and crawled on the couch like an over-excited orangutan.

Daddy! Amelia said we could stay over ANY time we wanted. And, so I think we should stay over tonight!

Jack gave Amanda a look. She knew better than to use the first names of his coworkers. They weren't her friends, but her elders. His detective had a grin on her face that made him think that Amelia had ulterior motives. Then again...the foyer had been interesting, to say the least.

She has two extra bedrooms! I saw them on the tour! You could use one Daddy! Or you could.. like.. share a bed with Amelia! It would be all warm!

Jack caught Amelia's eyes, trying to see if she had anything to do with this before responding to his daughter. I'm sure it would be.

Picking up Amanda with a squeal of glee, Jack tossed the little girl in his lap looked her in the eye.

Did you do your homework? She nodded. All of it? Another nod. Were you good for Amelia. Another nod.

Do you think you can avoid the tickle monster? Eyes growing wide, Amanda looked for escape.

Without another word, Jack swooped his arms around her and tickled her sides, laughter and squealing coming from the seven year old before she squirmed away. Running to Amelia for assistance, she jumped in to the blonde's lap and hugged.

Save me Amelia! The tickle monster's gunna get me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:39 pm

Amelia hadn't put Amanda up to anything. She had merely mentioned that her home would be more than open to the young girl that seemed to need a family more than ever. Amelia made sure that her face was neutral, but after what had happened downstairs she kind of wanted that to happen. If he stayed over, then they could be up after Amanda went to bed, and talk, the warm fire, things could happen.

The little girl was sooo willing to stay over that she nodded yes to every question that her father asked. Amelia couldn't help but smile. This was a side of Jack that no one really got to see. The loving doting father. He loved that girl so much, she wondered for a moment if there even could be room for another woman in his life.

Amanda cried out for help and she smiled brightly. Laughing, Amelia launched herself up off the chair and rushed over.

I'll save you Amanda!

Super Amelia to the rescue! the little girl laughed

Amelia started to jab randomly at different areas. She went straight for the ribs first, but there was no response and she really didn't want Amanda to wet herself. So, she kept trying different areas. They were all laughing and having a great time at this point not even thinking about the fact that they were rubbing all over each other and getting as close as they were downstairs. But, with a completely different things on their minds.

You cannot have her Tickle Monster! You will go down! she laughed and looked at Amanda. Retaliate! Retaliate Amanda!

They both began to attack Jack with grins and laughter, hoping to bring him down in a tickly pile of laughter when they got just the right spot. Of course, Amanda could help Remy find the right place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing House (Jack Conners)   Playing House (Jack Conners) Empty

Back to top Go down

Playing House (Jack Conners)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next