Dark Renaissance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world of magic and technology at war until mutually assured destruction forced an uneasy peace.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Members
Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 Knightbutton Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 Violettebutton Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 Onyxbutton Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 Azulebutton Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 Alabasterbutton
Latest topics
» Noveltellus - IF: Dragon bonding, multi-species
Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 7:22 pm by Guest

» Dalibor Weyr: DRoP Semi-canon [AU] [JCINK]
Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 9:10 pm by Guest

» The Twilight RPG
Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:54 am by Guest

» Bleach Nightlands RP
Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:20 pm by Guest

» Naruto: Ripple Effect
Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 4:03 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition: Succubi
Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:45 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition
Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:22 am by Guest

» Abaddon City
Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:36 am by Guest

» BTACD! Free Form Fantasy
Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:27 pm by Guest

Affiliates
Our Buttons!

Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 Cityruinssdraffiliate_zps7ca35b23
Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 Draffiliate_zpse49dd83c

Our Affiliates!

Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 Buttonsmallcopy_zps63c9a7d5
Vote for Us!

RPG-D

Top Sites Lists

Eyes Burning Bright (Open)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eyes Burning Bright (Open)   Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:41 am

Mitch let the arm holding his pistol fall slowly as the Avian complied with his order. He knew he could bring it back up in an instant but he wanted to portray a less aggressive attitude as a respect to the bird mans compliance. Keeping a slight distance from his subject he waited for his partner to be on her way before saying anything, allowing him to think. A man had leapt from a building and rambled on about being attacked before jumping off. If the suddenness of his actions hadn’t left him skeptical the weapon he had on his person sealed the deal. But to preserve his professionalism he wasn’t going to let it show.

“Please tell me who you are and why that man accused you of murder.”

His voice was controlled, projecting the authority his badge and gun could back up. It was a voice he had perfected after decades of practice and practical use and it served him well. He needed to know what the story was here, to unravel the now tangled web of questions and get to the truth. His partner would pursue her leads, and he would start with his.

“Why are you hear and what do you know of this bombing?”

His eyes held the Avian opposite him, telling the winged man before him he wanted answers, and he wanted them now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Burning Bright (Open)   Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 4:11 pm

The male Guard cautiously returned his weapon to his side. Seinshun could tell the human was more than prepared to bring it up again. But they both wanted to avoid unnecessary fighting.

“Please tell me who you are and why that man accused you of murder.”

{No introduction from you? Oh well.}

"I am Seinshun, a stormcaller with the Aurorals of Celestis." Stormcaller was more of a placeholder than an actual last name. "Either he was scared out of his wits, or was looking to shirk the blame on someone else."

The avian's wings folded around his shoulders to fight back the night's chill. It actually wasn't that cold out for the cloud dweller, but spending the latter half of his life on the surface had affected his thin blood. However, the wings were in a good position to cover Seinshun's arms for a sneaky attack if he needed to defend himself.

"Why are you hear and what do you know of this bombing?"

Seinshun returned the stare. Eye contact could be just as effective as a weapon. In this case, the stormcaller was merely expressing he was no coward. Unlike Vincent's charade.

"I'm afraid I don't know much about it. That complex used to house a Dr. Kuniyah. He is...was...could still be a physician who offered his assistance in providing my people with vaccines. The common cold barely affects you, but my people have rarely been exposed to it.

Dr. Kuniyah was afraid certain people may come after him. A Human helping Others. He was afraid something like this," Seinshun opened his left wing and pointed to the rubble pile with his left hand, "would happen. I was coming to do a welfare check." He looked at the former apartment again. "Apparently, I was too late.

I did see a man in a business suit exit the building shortly before the explosion. I lost him in the dust cloud that followed. When the dust cleared, my accuser was the first person I saw. Perhaps I was the first person he saw as well..."

Seinshun didn't believe that last statement, but he had no reason to suspect Vincent was behind the attack. That was for the Terran Guard to find out. Their jurisdiction covered major crimes like this one, especially now that payback for interspecies relief could be a motive.

"I know the Celestial military has no authority in this matter, Guardsman, but I offer my services in this investigation."

==Ethan: Let me know what details you would like Seinshun to give regarding your appearance to Mitch, assuming he asks. *cough cough, wink wink*==
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Burning Bright (Open)   Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:13 am

Ethan watched as Vincent studied him, two cold eyes similar to his own. They were calculating, judging, and critiquing; assessing Ethan's every movement, facial expressions, and emotional flag. The claymore wielder was smart, well-trained, and more dangerous than he looked: any man willing to bring a knife to a gunfight had to be....albeit a very big knife at that.

Seconds seemed to run for minutes on end while the two studied one another, after Ethan had barked the demand for the codeword. It almost looked like he was looking over the Paladin agent, seemingly finding all the things underneath his suit, however that may be possible.

“The codeword is putyourgunawayitisuselessrightnow,” Vince replied, a mischievous glint appearing in his eyes.

That isn't the codeword... He thought instinctively, raising his left eyebrow just a hair higher before realizing the man was mocking him. Letting his right upper lip twitch in to a slight snarl, he continued talking, finally asking his questions until he got his answer.

“It’s a shame, really, how much attention the good doctor was getting tonight. Terran Guards and an Avian, who I’m sure had no ill intentions towards Kuniyah. And you, walking in the slums in the middle of the night wearing a suit and obviously knowing how to use that gun in your hands. It seems to me that I wasn’t the only one sent to kill tonight. I only want to know that the doctor is dead so I can get back to my bed and actually sleep tonight.”

"So in other words, you want me to assure you the job was done so you get paid? Seems pretty cliche: catching me on a rooftop, threatening me with your sword, and asking me whether or not I did your job for you?!"

The sword wielding man continued, pacing now as he spoke. “If we had the same objective, perhaps we can help each other out tonight. I heard you before you climbed up here. Sounds like your exit isn’t going as smoothly as it was supposed to. Only a matter of time before the Avian tells the Guards that I lied to them, and then they’ll be following me. Straight here to you. The woman doesn’t seem to be completely human, if jumping around on cars as she was is any indication.”

Ethan had to smile at that. The man had some leverage and, fact was, Ethan really could use the ride.

“The next move is yours. A truce, or do I cleave your head from your body?”

Ethan had to hand it to the man, he had some serious cajones...either that or he was so cocky that he was borderline insane. He liked Vincent, and that meant that Ethan was going to get a ride, and Vincent was going to get to sleep in his bed tonight. As he opened his mouth to speak, a blur leaped over the back wall and slid behind Vincent before Ethan could shout a warning. The Terran Guard smiled at him cooly as he met her dark eyes.

"Run, and I'll find you again."

Ethan smiled warmly at Bree, for she had no idea what kind of hornet's nest she had trampled on. Meeting Vince's eyes for just a moment, he mouthed the word "Truce."

"I look forward to running...unfortunately, I don't think you'll be finding me."

With a slight flick of his wrist, the red dot shot up from Vince's chest to Bree's forehead. With a quick wink at Bree, Ethan pulled the trigger...

What the...?

...only to hear the click of hammer slamming in to nothing. Pulling the trigger a second time made the slide come back and click awkwardly. A gun jam. Unbeknownst to the Paladin agent, Vince had actually saved the Terran Guard's life with his bullet trick. Chuckling awkwardly, almost as a deescalation, Ethan raised his arms in the air. Holding his pistol in the air with its barrel in the air, he tried to talk his way out of this.

"Well...Ma'am. Seems that little joke wasn't funny. I will just relinquish myself of my weapon...and you can take us in to custody."

Ethan let the pistol slip from his hand, and he quickly clamped down on the barrel. In less than a second, he hurtled the gun in a rotating motion towards the duo. He was strong enough to hurt, and with his augmented vision, he could hone in on his target. The pistol spiraled end over end before slamming in to Bree's forehead in nearly the same spot at the red dot had been.

The sickening thud of bone on metal rang through the night as Ethan sprinted over to the duo, ready to take the next step in finishing off the Terran Guardswoman. Fortunately, she crumpled to the ground in a heap, leaving Vincent standing without a scratch. Bending over to retrieve his pistol and clearing the jam, Ethan gave his new partner a look.

"I have a feeling you did something to my gun. I want to know what...but later. I have one more thing to do before I grab your ride."

Pulling a card from his jacket pocket, Ethan began writing a note on the back. Seeing Vincent's quizzical look, Ethan explained as he wrote.

"Never let a little thing like murder, or attempted murder on a Terran Guard get in the way of a good time."

Showing Vincent his note, he slid the card in to Bree's leather jacket by her bosom. Lastly, he grabbed a single sai and slid it in to place behind his belt in the small of his back. Reaching out a hand to Vincent in friendship, Ethan introduced himself.

"Its always nice to keep souvenirs. I'm Ethan, Paladin Corporation...and you can sleep easy, target is down...."

"...also, shotgun."

==OOC: The card is simple white. On the front is black lettering that reads "DENIABLE COVERT ASSET." On the back of the card, it is written in script:

Sorry about the headache, but it had to be done. Wish we could've met on better circumstances. I'll return your weapon, but you'll have to find me like you promised.

-Ethan.
==
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Burning Bright (Open)   Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Vince was patient as he waited for an answer to his questions, a slight smirk still on his face. He had no doubt that Ethan would choose truce over combat; he seemed intelligent, though a tad stiff, very no nonsense cut and dry. This was exactly why Vince was enjoying playing around with him. Vince guessed he was a military man before the war ended and placed his age about a decade older than himself. Ethan smiled slightly and as he opened his mouth to respond, Vince suddenly felt new sources of metal enter his fifty foot radius. Blades of some sort, on the same level as them and moving very quickly towards them. Vince had just enough time to heft Excelsior off his shoulder and begin to turn when the two blades crossed in front of his throat, stopping him mid-turn. The voice he heard made his smile widen.

It was the female Terran Guard; definitely not a normal human to have covered the fifty feet that Vince could sense her as fast as she did, and he could feel strength in the arms around him holding those blades. Vince relaxed his muscles and assessed the situation. She had him pinned, two blades to his throat and inhuman speed. Vince thought that with Pewter he’d be able to counter her, but his Pewter reserve was about to run out. He had been Burning it the entire conversation with Ethan. Without Pewter, the best he could do would be to Steelpush the blades away from him, but Pushing was always in a straight line from the center of his chest, and with the blades above his chest, that meant that Pushing them would move them upwards, probably straight into his face. It was a pretty predicament this Guard had put him in.

Well, he could always try to charm his way out of the situation since he didn’t know what Ethan would do. Had the roles been reversed, with Ethan caught by the Guard and Vince free, Vince would have already been gone, leaving the other man to fend for himself. He began talking, never taking his eyes off of Ethan.

“Well hello there, Miss Terran Guard. Now what did I do to cause such a violent hello from you?” Vince’s voice was a contradiction, innocent yet laced with sarcasm and arrogance. “I’m sure I’ve done nothing to upset the Treaty of Terra, and I do believe that you may be out of your jurisdiction here.” Vince caught the word ‘Truce’ Ethan mouthed. Instead of answering Vince, the Guard kept her eyes on Ethan.

“Run, and I’ll find you again.”

Rude, ignoring me like that.

"I look forward to running...unfortunately, I don't think you'll be finding me."

Ethan flicked the red dot of his gun’s sight from Vincent’s chest up to the Guards forehead and pulled the trigger. The gun misfired, as Vince had planned when the gun was pointed at him. Ethan laughed a little bit as he raised his hands into the air. Vince was just thinking that the other man wouldn’t surrender that easily when Ethan hurled his gun almost quicker than Vince could see even with Tin enhancing his vision. The thud of metal on bone sounded right next to Vincent’s ear as the pistol slammed into the Guard’s head, causing her to crumple in a heap at his feet.

Ethan closed the distance between them as Vince rubbed a hand along his neck. She had been close enough for him to shave with those blades, sais now that he could see them, but they hadn’t nicked him as she fell. “Well thank you for that.”

Ethan nodded at the thanks. "I have a feeling you did something to my gun. I want to know what...but later.”

“I’m sure I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m just a simple swordsman. How could I have done anything to your gun without actually touching it?” Vince tried to make his voice as innocent as possible, which in and of itself would tip Ethan off that he was being lied to. Vince was aware of that, but he didn’t care. “Are you ready? Her partner, and possibly the Avian, could be headed our way, and I’d just as soon be away from here when they get here and wake her up.”

“I have one more thing to do before I grab your ride.” Ethan pulled out a little white card and began writing on it. Vince was slightly puzzled, but didn’t ask anything. He laughed out loud at the other agent’s next line, however, and continued laughing as he was shown the note. When the note had been placed on Bree’s unconscious body, and been relieved of one of her weapons, Ethan stood and extended his hand. “I’m Ethan, Paladin Corporation…and you can sleep easy, target is down…also, shotgun.”

After this little incident, Vince didn’t see any reason that Ethan would be lying about his name or affiliation, and didn’t see any reason why he should lie to Ethan either. Taking Ethan’s hand he gave a quick shake. “Vince, Umbra Corporation. I guess I should call in that ride.” Releasing Ethan’s hand he strapped Excelsior to his back once again and pulled out his cell, hitting the speed dial that had been programmed for this mission.

“How can I help you, Claymore?”

“I need a ride for two, close to my current position.”

“A vehicle is already on the way, a block south of you. Reports of an explosion in your vicinity prompted us to believe you might not be travelling in your usual way. Is the target dealt with?”

“Yes, the target has been taken out via proxy. Explanation to the Three when I return.” Vince hung up the phone and motioned Ethan to follow him to the fire escape. “Car is a block to the south of us waiting to pick us up.” He pulled a coin from his pocket and flipped it off the side of the building as Ethan started down the fire escape. Vince merely stepped off the side of the building and slowed himself with gentle Pushes on the coin. The two agents quickly began moving, hoping no one else would catch up with them. They could be out of here in minute with no complications.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Burning Bright (Open)   Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 1:15 am

Bree was in no mood for fun and games. She was a Terran Guard after all, and she wore the mask of seriousness like it was second skin. Her arctic gaze bore down coldly at Ethan as she held her sais in place, crossed beneathed Vincent's neck, and close enough to nick his Adam's apple. "It seems that you have a problem." She said when the bullet didn't fly as it intended.

Vincent's remark made the Cheetah rose behind her icy oculars, slits for pupils as her teeth sharpened with her agitation. She was already riled up enough as it was, and his smart comment wouldn't have helped his situation any. Unfortunately, Bree was unaware of the truce that suddenly fell between them. While the bullet didn't meet her between the eyes, something else did.

Cold and hard, the brunt of the blow sent her head snapping back. The gold faded from her eyes as she stared up at the ceiling, before oblivion spiraled down around her. While Bree could withstand most blows, a critial jab to her forehead was enough to send her down. Any animal dealt with the same blow would've gone under as well, or fall under a daze. Eyes glazed over, Bree collapsed onto her back, sais slipped out of her grasp.

She was going to be pissed to know that one of her sais would be missing. Worst off, a card would be placed in her pocket. The nerve...

The scent of both males would be branded in her memory. They were going to have a Cheetah on their hindquarters soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eyes Burning Bright (Open)   Eyes Burning Bright (Open) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Eyes Burning Bright (Open)
Page 1 of 1