Dark Renaissance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world of magic and technology at war until mutually assured destruction forced an uneasy peace.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Members
Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas Knightbutton Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas Violettebutton Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas Onyxbutton Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas Azulebutton Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas Alabasterbutton
Latest topics
» Noveltellus - IF: Dragon bonding, multi-species
Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 7:22 pm by Guest

» Dalibor Weyr: DRoP Semi-canon [AU] [JCINK]
Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 9:10 pm by Guest

» The Twilight RPG
Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:54 am by Guest

» Bleach Nightlands RP
Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:20 pm by Guest

» Naruto: Ripple Effect
Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 4:03 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition: Succubi
Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:45 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition
Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:22 am by Guest

» Abaddon City
Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:36 am by Guest

» BTACD! Free Form Fantasy
Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:27 pm by Guest

Affiliates
Our Buttons!

Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas Cityruinssdraffiliate_zps7ca35b23
Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas Draffiliate_zpse49dd83c

Our Affiliates!

Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas Buttonsmallcopy_zps63c9a7d5
Vote for Us!

RPG-D

Top Sites Lists

Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas Empty
PostSubject: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Racial characteristics

Larges and majestic, two adjectives which qualify perfectly the Cianopsittas.

As a rule, a Cianopsitta lives approximately sixty years, his existence is divided into different parts. The first one is called the "Rebirth", it designate the lifetime just after the hatching, it can last a few years depending on the number of memories the Cianopsitta remembered in his previous lifetime, everything coming back in his mind bit by bit. During this moment, he starts as a little children of approximately ten years before becoming an adult-like.

Then come what humans could name "Teenage years", it is when the Cianopsitta discover again the spells he mastered once, the charm he learnt to use, the most simplistic to the most complex of them. It's around the twenty years that he can be considered as an adult, but this only mean he won't grow anymore.

At last, his existence is concluded by forty years to live, to learn more, to resume his journey where he had left, then to age and die under the forces of Time himself before rebirthing in a egg which, a few months later, will hatch, letting the Cianopsitta rise again.

Appearance and mentality

Both for the appearance and for the personnality, a Cianopsitta illustrate himself in this domain only because it is more or less comparable to humans. Miser, vicious, shy, there is no predefined, some born with, other become and, sometimes, some are no longer. However, as timeless creatures, this ability to rebirth make them careless about problems related to time. If it's about a mission which could cover decades as for a learning which could take more decades, he can naturally not even care about the spent time.

Here it is, hoping it's all good. \o_

Last edited by Qalendra on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 11:18 am

Good morning,

My name is Onyx, I'm an admin here on Dark Ren. It's a pleasure to meet a new member, and I'm thorougly thrilled that you are interested in creating a new race for the site. We strive here, at DR, to allow our members the ability to help us expand the world that we've all already fallen in love with.

Now, I've read over your race, and I have quite a few questions, so bare with me. I'm not saying no, but I think we need to think some things through and maybe alter it here and there, so that it fits a little more with the site we have created here.

1. You said that the birds live sixteen years, but later you say that their adult part of their lives takes forty years, so I'm confused, if it's forty, or sixteen. That makes a big difference you understand.

2. It seems as though this race is actually a bird. Which, we kind of have something similar in the avians. Which are winged humans. You see, we don't just have animalistic races. No one is just an animal on the site. Everyone is at least of human design. Which means even if they can shift into something else, they are human like in their every day life. We have werewolves, shifters, and the like. I really don't see how a fully bird race would be able to make it on the site. They won't be able to communicate or be able to really.. thread with anyone seeing as they can't speak, or do much more than fly, have a mission, and then regenerate.

3. You need to flesh out their magical abilities. Because, you left it listed as just.. whatever.. and I want to know do they specialize in anything. Since they're technically a Pheonix does that mean that they are predominently fire or is there any other rules?

Lets start with these things, and we'll see where we're at once we've figured all this out.

I hope that you enjoy the site, thank you for taking such a stock in it as to create a race!

~Onyx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:14 am

Hello \o_

Onyx wrote:
1. You said that the birds live sixteen years, but later you say that their adult part of their lives takes forty years, so I'm confused, if it's forty, or sixteen. That makes a big difference you understand.

A simple mistake, it's sixty, not sixteen '-'".

Onyx wrote:
2. It seems as though this race is actually a bird. Which, we kind of have something similar in the avians. Which are winged humans. You see, we don't just have animalistic races. No one is just an animal on the site. Everyone is at least of human design. Which means even if they can shift into something else, they are human like in their every day life. We have werewolves, shifters, and the like. I really don't see how a fully bird race would be able to make it on the site. They won't be able to communicate or be able to really.. thread with anyone seeing as they can't speak, or do much more than fly, have a mission, and then regenerate.

That was never a problem for me, but I can say they look like humans for this forum ^^.

Onyx wrote:
3. You need to flesh out their magical abilities. Because, you left it listed as just.. whatever.. and I want to know do they specialize in anything. Since they're technically a Pheonix does that mean that they are predominently fire or is there any other rules?

A Cianopsitta can control one element or one notion. As an example, one can control wind, fire, dreams or illusions. They can use magic as long as it's not related to any elements or notion.

I'll change details about their appearance and this little mistake while i'll let you think about their magic abilities ^^.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:30 am

Hello again,

I looked over what you said, and I have a few things to say. Firstly, I know that having a non-speaking animal like race might not be a problem for you, but the fact of the matter is that it would be very hard for you to rp here, and for others to rp with. Merely because the interaction would be severely limited. Now if you wanted a nifty Pheonix as a pet, that's a different idea, and we might be able to work something like that in for you if they had extremely limited magical abilities.

Now, you've made the changes to make them human-like birds instead of just birds, and I appreciate that. However, the problem now is the fact that we already have a race of human like bird like creatures. They're the Avians and they are the winged humans here.

So, if that is what you're interested in playing, maybe you would be interested in creating another Avian for the site? We could always use another one, I love having many of each race. It seems to me that an Avian would fit you quite well actually. If you want to have a Phoenix as a pet, or.. as a companion, we might be able to work that out, but I'm just not seeing them being their own race at the moment when we have something so like it all ready.

I hope this makes sense,
~Onyx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:29 am

I'm not sure I understand... I have to say my Cianopsittas are Avians ? I'd read a little about them, but... As i wrote, Cianopsittas don't have retracted legs or wings, just a full human appearance, only the egg is similar to birds (or reptiles, according to preferences, but talking about "rebirth" and "phoenix"...).

In addition, I compared Avians with Cianopsittas... Well, food consumption isn't really the same, and only claustrophobia would be one of the details they could have in common, a bit.

That said... I don't know, maybe i didn't understood you well. '-'"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:24 pm

Okay, I've talked to some of the other staff members. We like to have things that are unique on the site. So we propose a compromise.

You can make your character, but it must be a Phoenix. We were thinking of like a shape shifting human. This person's shape shift would be into and out of a Phoenix and nothing else. Lets go ahead and call it a Phoenix, that way no one gets confused. We were thinking that this way, you'll be able to fully interact with the site, post, make friends, your character will have an abundance of ways to interact with others.

We were thinking that it would be cool if you took some of the lore from the Phoenix in general. Like the healing tears, or things like that. We figure that the reason the Phoenix shapes into a human is to protect itself, being a Phoenix would make it very valuable, and very rare. Thus people would love to hunt it, harvest feathers, make it cry .. etc.

What do you think? Will this work out better for you. We don't want to crush your creativity. In fact, we would rather nourish it. We're trying to find a way that we can use your idea, the Phoenix and create something that you can enjoy on the site.

Let me know what you think,
~Onyx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 9:12 pm

Playing a true Phoenix ? That sounds amusing to me, I'm in 'v'.

So, i have to replace what i said about Cianopsitta by what i'll say about Phoenix ? And do the world know my existence ? What should be my age ? Aged, some-hundreds-year old, maybe less ? Oh, and may my feathers full of magic essence ? Playing a such mythic creature can only be a pleasure to me 'v'. Or... Did you already wrote some notes about Phoenix '-' ? Do I have a current mission, or completely "lost" and just hanging around ?

I have everything ready on my side, I just need some details and I can start my job \o_.

P.S. : thanks for considering my creativity, I usually don't disappoint people ^-^.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:18 pm

I don't have a general idea or anything.. so here's what I want you to do. Write up the bio, using the bio template. YOU create this person, how old, why are they here.. I would assume that there might be rumors of a Phoenix but no one knows who they are and you have to make sure that doesn't happen or whatever.

You write her up, and we'll iron out the wrinkles after I see your ideas. We do this with all bios anyway, so use your creativity, have fun with it, and we'll work together to get you something playable. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 3:07 pm

A bio ? You mean my character's introduction or something like that ? '-'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Each member on the site, creates a biography. Which is all your character's information. From birth, to present. As well as their magical properties, spells, appearance, etc.

This is the application. You will want to copy and paste it into a document program on your computer and fill in the blanks.

This is an Example of a biography that was done and finished. You will post it under here with your character's first and last name as the title to the thread. Your character must have a first and last name, which means that YOUR name on the site will have to be your character's name. You cannot have a single name.

You will also need to pick someone to represent your character. This is called a face claim. This list represents every person that is all ready taken. Your character must be represented by a actor/actress/model.. etc. They don't have to be perfect, they don't have to be popular, but you DO have to have a picture and a name. No animated images are allowed.

Once you post your application, or biography, two staff members will read over it and work with you to iron out any kinks and then we will approve you. It takes two stamps to be approved here. Once you get two stamps you will be able to go forth and post often!

Hope this answers your questions!!! Smile

~Onyx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:08 pm

Oooooh, I see, as i expected \o_.

I think i'll need more time to find an adequate avatar than to fill the entire bio, it may take a few moments... Give me a week, between schools and other RP forums I will be a little busy ^^'.

I'll ask for help if I need some \o_. Ah, and thanks again \o_.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 10:13 pm

Anytime, that's what we're here for. Just post here if you need any help and good luck! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 3:52 pm

I have a question... What sort of "residence" currently exists ? And can I have a short description please ?

Thanks for helping \o_
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:08 pm

I'm not sure we understand the question.

The "Residence" space in the application is for you to tell us where she lives. For instance. Neona here lives in Librium, and my other character Kalinda lives in Bastion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:29 pm

But what's the "Librium" ? A kind of library ? '-'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 11:26 pm

Hey, this is Onyx under my Player Character's account.

Librium and Bastion are cities. You need to make sure you know what the world is here is a link to the board where you should read. It has all the very important information on our world there. Including the names of cities and the like. You need to read through all this because it isn't easy as some might think to travel in the world or even from city to city. So you really need to know the lore.

Also, it looks as though your Play By is 'Brigit Mendler' but she's all ready in use by another player, so be sure to check that list I sent you before, for the Face Claims and make sure your person isn't taken. That way we don't have unrelated twins running around the site.

~Onyx.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 3:47 pm

Thanks ! \o_

And don't worry, as long as I know, this is a picture of Vanessa Paradis \o_. Maybe... More or less...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas   Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas Empty

Back to top Go down

Proposing a new race : Cianopsittas
Page 1 of 1