Dark Renaissance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A world of magic and technology at war until mutually assured destruction forced an uneasy peace.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Staff Members
Chance Encounters (Tayva) Knightbutton Chance Encounters (Tayva) Violettebutton Chance Encounters (Tayva) Onyxbutton Chance Encounters (Tayva) Azulebutton Chance Encounters (Tayva) Alabasterbutton
Latest topics
» Noveltellus - IF: Dragon bonding, multi-species
Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 7:22 pm by Guest

» Dalibor Weyr: DRoP Semi-canon [AU] [JCINK]
Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 9:10 pm by Guest

» The Twilight RPG
Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:54 am by Guest

» Bleach Nightlands RP
Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:20 pm by Guest

» Naruto: Ripple Effect
Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 4:03 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition: Succubi
Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:45 pm by Guest

» Race Proposition
Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:22 am by Guest

» Abaddon City
Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:36 am by Guest

» BTACD! Free Form Fantasy
Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:27 pm by Guest

Affiliates
Our Buttons!

Chance Encounters (Tayva) Cityruinssdraffiliate_zps7ca35b23
Chance Encounters (Tayva) Draffiliate_zpse49dd83c

Our Affiliates!

Chance Encounters (Tayva) Buttonsmallcopy_zps63c9a7d5
Vote for Us!

RPG-D

Top Sites Lists

Chance Encounters (Tayva)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Chance Encounters (Tayva) Empty
PostSubject: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:06 am

Veles took his normal pace through the market within Libirium's slums, then decided that he needed a bit more to fulfill his shopping list. He would need to pay much more of a mark-up but at least the chemical concoctions he requested would resemble what the label read. Striding through town in his human form, he still kept a large overcoat on, along with a baseball cap to make it harder to identify him from afar.

After being offered far too many elixers to increase his manhood, Veles stepped to the less-traveled side of town. Generally the better concoctionists held shops this way, instead of simply pandering to the masses. Along his way, he did catch a good wiff of a local diner, the grills burning extra hot made the simmering grease smell all that much lovelier. Passing several denizens of the street, Veles walked into his first shop. He knew the owner and demanded his usual order, ten vials of top-notch tranquillizer.

On his way to the second shop he frequented, Veles came across a dark alley. Though his eyes easily peered into the darkness, he was caught off guard by the shape of legs leaning out of a dumpster, completely off the ground. "What the..." the werewolf murmured to himself, completely caught off-guard and at a stand-still within the busy city streets.

Stalking silently down the alleyway, "And what do you think you're doing? Veles called out in his usual gruff voice, the deep baritone echoing slightly within the confines of the stone walls. He was curious what this person was doing half in a dumpster, mostly because he hadn't encountered it before. His distaste of cities had kept him rather naive of the homeless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:37 am

Tayva hadn't thought she would really be bothered in this section of the city. Her earlier exploration of the richer areas unfortunately left her with little to eat, others having gotten to the dumpsters before her. And her constant hunger had driven her to try hunting for a meal in the more run down areas. Of course fewer people would risk it due to the danger involved, but for Tayva all that mattered was survival.

Earlier she had spotted an open dumpster, having found a pizza box with a slice left inside. It was stale and a few days old, but food was food. She broke off part of the slice to give to her companion Cayleb, her only source of comfort in these trying times, before proceeding to dig through to see what else she could uncover within the container. If she had been lucky enough to find that pizza box, then perhaps she could be lucky enough to find more food. Perhaps she could finally feel full for the first time.

"And what do you think you're doing?" a voice called out, making Tayva halt her search for a meal. She ushered her Rift Beast companion back into her backpack, before dropping out of the dumpster. Her hair was a mess, mainly because it had been unkept since coming to the world. The idea of beauty wasn't really on her mind right now, rather the need to survive stood above everything else.

"I-I was trying to get something to eat." Tayva replied, her voice a little shaky. Of course she was a bit wary of the unknown, and the tone of the stranger meant that he could be trouble. She couldn't judge the man right away though, but she didn't feel up for a retreat of it was necessary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:22 am

Veles couldn't help but be interested, his call down the alley had elicited a response. As the young girl pulled herself from the dumpster, she looked a complete mess, her hair was frayed, her shirt was strained and her bag looked like it had been left in a puddle in the recent past. Though, her bag seemed to be moving on its own as well. Now Veles was from too interested in this stranger, his plans for the day all but forgotten.

With a quiet sniff, Veles inhaled the scents of the alley. The refuse and stale water was to be expected. The scent of female was strong, though he certainly wouldn't have considered it human. She hadn't washed fully in at least a few days judging by her hair, but that normally only added to the certain smell that was wholly human. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, certainly she was an Other of some sort, but he hadn't encountered any like her previously. Her bag moved again, something small was inside, adjusting for comfort, most likely.

"Eating for two won't come easy from that dumpster, the diner you're behind is only renowned for grease. I would suggest three streets down, at least their scraps might contain some meat and vegetables. I can show you if you'd like, though I enjoy eating in places more than in the alleys behind them... there might be some clean clothes in the deal too, if you're willing to barter for some information." Veles offered, his voice deep, but calm. He took two more steps toward the young blond, again trying to let his nose tell him what these beings were in front of him.

Edging his hands out wide, he held his palms toward the woman, a peaceful gesture showing he had no weapons. In reality, his hands could inflict massive amounts of damage, especially if he shifted just enough for black claws to sprout from his fingertips. "But if I'm taking you out to lunch, we'll need to do something about your hair, I can't be considered the pretty one of a pair, after all. he teased lightly, a grin forming on his lips. A very wolfish grin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 12:56 pm

Pulling her bag out with her from the dumpster, Tayva slipped the straps over her shoulders, wearing it once more against her tattered and stained clothing. She couldn't help but be interested about the man's offer, especially if it meant a free meal and the chance to clean up. Tayva watched in silence as he showed his palms, some sort of gesture she could only guess as him showing that he meant no harm. Of course he could still have something hidden within his clothing, but she didn't want to think about that right now. After all, she and Cayleb were starving, not having a proper meal in what felt like ages. And it showed against the Celestial's scrawny figure, a testament to the lack of proper nutrition that she had not received.

"I suppose I do need to get cleaned up..." Tayva noted, trying and failing to run her fingers through her knotted hair. Appearance hadn't really been the first thing on her mind, her constantly hungry stomach and the whines from Cayleb normally getting her attention first. And where was she ever going to go that would demand her to look 'pretty'? Still it would feel nice to take a shower or at least get a comb through her hair, to ensure she at least looked presentable to the public.

"...What did you have in mind?" she questioned, both toward the suggestion of getting cleaned up, and the supposed information he wanted from her. Of course she hadn't actually been around this area for too long, and so figured that there really wasn't much for her to tell him. She knew nobody here, and she hadn't seen anything out of the ordinary either to really talk about. Still if it was for a free meal, she would comply as best as she could.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:37 pm

She was certainly contemplating his offer, so the first thing Veles asked I. His gruff voice was for her name. Simple enough, but Veles watched carefully. He was by no means an interrogation expert, but he liked to believe that he would be able to pick up a hint of untruth. Chances are he would have no real clue, but relying on his senses and paying attention to details was what made a werewolf feel confident.

"There is a small bistro restaurant three streets down, we can pick something up that will certainly satisfy, and they're one of the only places this side of town that doesn't overcook meat. After that, I know of a place nearby, nothing exceptionally fancy, but certainly stain free. Once you've picked something up, I can bring you to an apartment complex just four more blocks down, and you can take your time cleaning up. The price is simple, I want to know what you are. I haven't encountered your kind before and I am keen to stay on top of such information." Veles offered his trade, tugging at his own very basic black canvas clothing as he mentioned the clothing store.

Stepping just a bit back, he held his hand outward to the street, motioning the way to the bistro, and slowly began walking. I hope she comes willingly, I'd hate to apply a bit of force on an unknown just to get the same information. he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 1:55 pm

"My name is Tayva... Tayva Aschaund." Tayva started, offering the man a small smile. She figured it wouldn't hurt to give the man her name, since she was not on the run here. After all, nobody in the city really knew her, being one in a million in this world. While it would have been nice to feel special to someone, it meant it would be easier to blend into a crowd if things went wrong. She grabbed her backpack, feeling her companion squirming around inside at the sudden jostling, and slipped it over her shoulders, ready to go.

She knew that Cayleb wanted out of the bag, but she couldn't risk letting him out in case of scaring off her only chance for a good meal. She knew that a lot of people in the city feared Rift Beasts, and the last thing she wanted was for either herself or for him to get killed simply by association. It certainly made things hard for the little creature, but it kept him alive all the same.

"Thank you for your offer... I've been wanting to get out of these clothes for awhile." she started, quickly catching up to the man as they walked out onto the street, aginst the dwindling mass of people. Tayva didn't want any fancy clothes, rather something simplistic and easy to take care of. She would hate to ruin a fancy piece of clothing after all, and something simple would still make her feel real. It wouldn't make any sense for her to wear something pricy when she still lived out on the street.

And the chance to get cleaned up was an added bonus. She tried to run her fingers through her hair again, finding her hair knotted and tangled. She wished she could look 'pretty', but it was not a necessity compared to the need to get food and sleep, and a place to stay. There were just more important things out there than appearances.

"So what do you mean by 'who I am?" Tayva questioned, looking sideways out to the man walking beside her. It seemed odd that he could tell she wasn't human, which made her all the more curious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:35 pm

Veles smirked, partially to himself, partially because of his new companion. The offer he had made seemed to be one more valuable than gold, judging by how quickly she accepted. There was a confidence with her own decision, which was a very good thing, but it also hinted to Veles that Tayva might be quite a bit stronger than an thin human girl. Looks can always be deceiving, Veles recalled. During his many encounters with Others, looks very rarely ever reflected a being's power.

As the two made their way down the fairly empty street, they were only passed by an older couple who didn't take notice of them at all. Good, calm, just the way Veles liked to travel within this damn human-filled city. He walked close to Tayva's side, but just a hint ahead, he was leading the way to the bistro, and he just liked being out front in most cases. Observation was easier when at point position. As they approached the small restaurant, Veles was sure to get the door and offer the way for Tayva. No sense in being rude to one you didn't know the power of. Her bag jiggled again, and he could swear he heard a muted whimper from within it.

Veles requested a table he sat at often, often alone as well, a high backed booth near the back out the place, perfect view of the doors, and quick enough access to escape through the front and rear of the building. The deep brown leather coverings of the table contrasted nicely with the cream colored linens. After Tayva slide her bag onto the seat and sat herself, Veles sat opposite her, immediately unfurling his silverware and placing his napkin on his lap. Habits and routine, this werewolf felt comforted by them.

"Think back to what I asked, it was not 'who' but 'what' that I was curious about. Granted, who you are will come eventually, but first and foremost, I need to know just what I'm dealing with. Veles explained, bringing back their discussion from before their short walk. Before she could respond, a young man came to the table with menus, and he seemed more anxious than normal. "I will have sirloin, rare, and a mug of bitter brew. Tayva, please order anything you'd like. Please tell Alexander that Veles Canis is here and would like to see him, if he has the time." Veles spoke with confidence then grew silent, giving Tayva the opportunity to look at her menu, let alone order anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 5:11 pm

Fortunately the walk to the bistro was short, allowing Tayva to give more thought into what they were going to talk about. She wasn't quite sure why he wanted to lend her a hand. After all, she was only a stranger to him, he had no obligation to aid her at all, she was simply a street urchin. However perhaps she didn't need to know why he wanted to help her. So long as she was receiving aid.

Soon enough they found the bistro, stepping inside. She smiled and nodded in thanks to the man as he kept the door open for her, allowing her inside. The smell of cooking food was enough to further stimulate her hunger. Tayva waited, allowing Veles to lead them once again to their table. He seemed to know where he was going, so it was obvious he had been here once before.

Sitting down, she looked at the different pieces of silverware on the table, before the man spoke up once more.

"Think back to what I asked, it was not 'who' but 'what' that I was curious about. Granted, who you are will come eventually, but first and foremost, I need to know just what I'm dealing with."

She scratched the back of her head, about to say something when the waiter came to their table, offering the two of them their menus. The fact that he had been here before was more than obvious as he ordered, barely even needing to look at the menu. She of course would take longer as she scanned the list of things on the menu, trying to decide what she wanted. Of course, she had no idea what any of the dishes tasted like, so with a small shrug she closed the menu. "I'll have the same thing, but with milk instead." she replied, giving the waiter her menu.

With that, the waiter left and allowed them to be alone once again. "Well... how do I explain this... I'm not 100% certain what I am, because I don't have any real memory of my life. Only of waking up outside the city in the Wastelands." she started, scratching the back of her head. "However from what I've heard from people talking about different races, I think I'm what they call a 'Celestial'."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:21 pm

Veles grinned as Tayva ordered the same meal as him, she was following his lead well enough, perhaps he should press the advantage of momentum. As she ordered milk, he wrinkled his nose slightly, steak and milk, the idea of those two tastes mixing well at all was absurd to the werewolf. But, milk was a good choice for those on the brink of starvation, the sheer amount of fat along with some rather healthy vitamins and minerals would benefit her greatly.

Just before the waiter stepped away, Veles added another item to the order, "Add a small pot pie, served warm, not hot." His specification caught the young man off guard, and he scribbled the order word for word down before scurrying into the kitchen. Turning to Tayva, Veles watched her movements carefully. She didn't seem uncomfortable around him, nor did she show any tell-tale signs of outright lying to him as she explained that she only knew a bit about her past and that she was a celestial.

"A Celestial, eh? No wonder I didn't recognize your scent, your kind are rare as far as I know, I haven't met one before, personally. So you woke in the Wastes? Clearly not too far out, as you're still alive. I actually prefer them to these cities fort of humans. I'm a werewolf. Being packed in so close to all these creatures would drive me insane. But they do serve their purposes, this bistro for example offers quite good trades for the fresh sides of meat I can bring them. The Wastes are full of life, but the humans avoid it because most of that life wants to eat them. Terra is not so quick to forget those that harm her. Even Others get attacked, though they are a bit more equipped to take care of themselves." Veles rattled on for a little bit, dropping some information about himself as well, letting Tayva relax a bit and pretending he didn't hear her stomach grumbling.

Veles glanced up and slightly away as Tayva's bag shuffled yet again, pretending he didn't notice and giving her the illusion of privacy to discreetly handle the bag. "The food shall be here shortly." he offered a a bit of comforting information. Once her bag had settled down again, Veles began his series of questions again.

"What brings you to Librium itself, beyond the dumpsters? Are you looking for work? Do you have long term plans for this place, or are you just travelling through?" Veles began by asking, but was cut off after his third question as the kitchen door opened, and the young waiter arrived a moment later carrying their entrees. "Mr. Grav says he'll be out in about thirty minutes, he is currently dealing with a seafood vendor." the young man stammered as he placed the plates down then he hurried away again, not wishing for any extra attention.

Noting the lack of patrons in the bistro, Veles carefully slid the pot pie from his side of the table to Tayva's, but instead of in front of her, in front of her bag. "Better feed 'em before it bites through the bag. Don't worry, it's safe here. No one will bother you." Veles commented, though his tone was clear, he wanted her to take care of her companion as much as he wanted her to take care of herself.

Turning his attention to his plate, he looked over the massive steak easily 24oz, the surface held a deep brown hue from the perfect heating, and there was a tiny dollop of butter n top, melting slowly and adding to the rich flavor of the meat without overpowering it as other spices often did. Picking up his utensils, he sliced into an edge, pulling away a large piece on his fork, glancing at it before beginning his meal. Alexander always knew how too cook a steak perfectly rare. He tried to act uninterested with her side of the table, but he was watching Tayva to see how she handled her bag and hopefully catch a glimpse of what it contained.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 10:38 pm

"I never really knew there were other races rather than Humans. I haven't been here for long, so I don't really know all there is to know just yet." Tayva explained, offering the man a small smile. At least he was up front with what he knew and what he was, as he expected her to do the same. Fortunately she had nothing to hide, and so had no problem with telling him things. Except for Cayleb though, but that was just a safety issue.

The moment she thought of that, the food had arrived, and she watched as he pushed the pie over to the sniffing nose of her companion. Tayva froze, having realized that the Rift Beast had been spotted, but rather than offer her any reason to panic, the man simply told her it was okay for him to be able to eat. Of course she looked a little concerned, but when she glanced around, she found that there really wasn't anyone else in the building to cause any danger.

"A-Alright..." she replied, leaning over the bag and unhooking the top. She smiled warmly as Cayleb's furry head poked out of the bag, catching sight of the pot pie. Eyes gleaming, he pulled his head over the table promptly before shoving it right into the pie, devouring it by mouthfuls. The Celestial let out a small giggle, before turning to her own food, taking a small sip of her milk.

"He's just as enthusiastic." she smiled, proceeding to cut a small piece of her steak and taking a bite, washing it down with some milk. Her little friend caught sight of the glass, staring up at her with big eyes as he sniffed her glass. She smiled and lowered it down, enough for him to lap up a little bit of the milk. His furry little wings were hard to see, as they were still pressed in tight against his body, making him look more like an oddly shaped cat than anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Veles all but slipped out his seat, trying to glance over the table at Tayva's companion. She was apprehensive about letting the world see him and now he knew why. It wasn't a natural creature, at least to this world. But it seemed sedate enough to be carried round in a bag, it likely wouldn't be the end of creation were it to get loose. Veles immediately let his nose go to work, pulling in the scent of the creature and memorizing it. He was surprised that the bag had actually masked such a unique scent so well. He definitely hadn't noticed it before and he had been just a few feet away for a good while now.

"Well well well, would you look at that. Now, what is that little bugger? Male, female? Have you named it?" Veles sprouted off questions rapidly in his excitement. He usually had a fantastic connection with most animals, but he didn't think reaching over to pet it would be a good idea at the immediate moment. Any creature that hungry might snap if its meal is in any was threatened. So instead Veles grinned as the creature ate, clicking his tongue within his mouth every so often to watch the little thing suddenly look up in surprise.

Tayva was smiling and even giggling now that she had a meal in front of her and she was even sharing her drink with her companion. Veles had long ago lost his interest in monetary wealth. Sure he enjoyed the luxuries that a big bank account afforded, but he had never felt the need to hoard, spending money like this was actually becoming more common now that he had really collected everything he could ever really want for himself. He had his home, he had several small getaways, he had transportation, and of course his weapons collection. For the last few years, his income had simply gone to one of his accounts and sat there. Surely sharing a meal with two so down on their luck was a much better use for it.

Veles finally regained enough of his attention from the tiny creature, that he began to eat again. While he tended to like his surroundings to be clean, he made an absolute mess of the table. As he cut the steak that was too large for the plate under it, juices sprayed this way and that. The chunks he cut weren't so much bite-sized as barely able to fit in his mouth, and he chewed noisily. This steak was perfect, and he hadn't realized just how hungry he was until he began eating.

"So no job, huh? Haven't been in town long enough to find one's or do you just enjoy the dumpster diving? Structure isn't for everyone, or so I've heard." Veles quipped. He might be treading close to a sore subject, but his grin clearly gave away that he was speaking in jest, not negatively about Tayva.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:41 pm

"I gave him the name Cayleb, since I'm pretty sure he's male." Tayva started, glancing over at her hungry companion with a smile. His fur was covered in sauces, but he didn't seem to care at all as he continued to stuff his face with the delicious pie. Trying to pull himself up further onto the table to get further into the pie, he extended a pair of wings, which had been well concealed against the rest of his body, using the extra appendages to pull himself a little further up to take another bite of deliciousness.

"I know a lot of people would think that he's some dangerous creature, but he's actually quite friendly, at least so long as you don't scare him... or catch him when he's having a cold." the Celestial added, knowing that the little one had quite a unique feature when it came to his sniffling. Being so young, he really didn't have much control over what his Rift Beast heritage could allow for him to do, but perhaps that was for the best: keeping him at such a young age could keep him from developing any bad habits.

"As for myself, I just haven't managed to find any sort of job that uses my skills." she explained with a small shrug, going back to cutting at her meat once again. There didn't seem to be much of a demand for growing plant life, at least in everywhere she had checked. It seemed scarce enough as it was, and she didn't want to draw too much attention to her uniqueness. After all the last thing she wanted was to 'disappear' if the wrong person found out about what she could do. Not that the Celestial could imagine someone being like that, but one could never be too careful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:55 pm

Veles continued with his meal, but watched with interest as Cayleb nudged his way further and further onto the table. He was highly amusing with pot pie smushed across most of his head, digging hungrily in for more. Tayva began to talk a bit more, she hadn't found something using her skills, though she didn't seem opposed to working in general. Veles nodded as she spoke, but continued shoving several large pieces of steak into his mouth, eating with gusto. Chewing down and swallowing with what seemed to be a great deal of effort, Veles reached for his mug of bitter brew, the very hoppy beer he had ordered and took a deep swig.

As he set the mug back down, it seemed to disturb Cayleb for a fraction of a second, so Veles decided to remedy the little creature's fears. Taking a hunk of steak from his own plate, Veles held it just on the tips of his fingers and slowly slid his hand across the table towards the hungry critter. Not only would it be able to get the food, but also a good whiff of Veles as well. Having no intention of rushing the small creature, Veles simply held his hand there for as long as Cayleb would need.

Turning his attention back to Tayva, "And just what skills do you have that haven't been needed?" he asked. She was being open enough about herself, but vague was always safest when dealing with strangers. Especially strange men who introduced themselves as werewolves. Perhaps he had been a bit too forward, but he really was interested in Tayva now. The more he learned, the more he hoped things changed in her life, letting her live a little bit easier. Cayleb too.

Veles felt the slight wiggle of the meat in his hand as Cayleb nosed it a few times, getting a feeling for just what it was before he tentatively reached out a paw and knocked it free from Veles' hand onto the table. He began nibbling at the meat, but Veles didn't pull his hand away, the only way for Cayleb to learn his scent was through time. With his free hand, Veles took another long pull from his bitter brew. "The corporation I work for has their hands in everything, I very much doubt that you can do something they can't use, but they don't advertise very much. It would give a clue to the other corporations as to what they're working on." Veles commented.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:04 am

"Well, I only have one that I really know of." Tayva started, cleaning through a good portion of her food as she watched the man offer the small Rift Beast a piece of meat. Of course he was still cautious of the new man, but once he regonized the thing he was holding was food, he quickly nibbled away at it, looking quite satisfied. He had already tore through the pot pie, having left a clean plate before he had offered the piece of meat, and now took to sniffing the man's fingers, to ensure that they were not food either.

Satisfied and full, Cayleb managed a long stretch, before shaking himself off and hopping over to the other side of the table, kneading the cushion next to Veles before curling up in a warm ball, appearing to be quite content. Tayva smiled as she watched on, finding that for the first time, her companion had found comfort within the presence of another. This was a rare case, considering that he rarely ever had the chance to come into contact with other people due to Tayva's secrecy, but it wouldn't hurt for him to make a few new friends along the way.

"I don't really know how to explain it... but I can grow plants. At least from what I've seen." Tayva explained, taking a small sip of her milk as she poked at her meat with her fork. Though she hadn't had many chances to play around with her power, she knew for certain it was the premise of her being. At least that's what she figured, having a seemingly green tint to her hair and wings. Perhaps her existence had something to do with plants. Perhaps the reason for her constant tire had to do with their lack of existence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:05 am

Veles couldn't help but smirk when Cayleb nudged his fingers after having consumed the steak, the little guy was certainly hungry. He had polished off his whole portion in haste, and judging by that stretch, was in for a bit of a nap to digest. When the tiny creature actually padded over to Veles' side of the table to curl up, Veles was surprised. Perhaps that meal had earned him a new friend.

"I dare say, this one's a cheap date, a potpie and he's already sleeping with me." Veles quipped, a grin wide across his face. Using his utensil's, he cut several tiny scraps of meat from the tiny remainder of his steak and gently held them between his fingers, bonking Cayleb lightly to get his attention then holding the meat just in front of his mouth to see if the critter was still hungry, or completely stuffed.

"Plants?" Veles asked, partially to himself just to think on it. "While it might not be -my- particular area of expertise, I'm sure Umbra has a few alchemists hidden away somewhere that would -love- someone with a green thumb. Then again, all the major corporations have sections devoted to agriculture. Since the Enlightenment, stable farmlands were a hard thing to maintain and with the populations of the major cities beginning to boom as peace finally reigned, a steady food supply was extremely valuable. They all have divisions with thousands of workers devoted to nothing but making more food with less." Veles explained. Perhaps if she didn't remember much of her own past, she might not recognize all the current events either.

Taking another sip of his bitter brew, the werewolf set down his empty mug. Picking up his fork, he also finished the last few bites of his steak, setting it down with a clatter. Hearing footsteps in the kitchen, Veles shifted his coat, letting the fabric cover over Cayleb before the young waiter even exited swinging doors. He silently collected Veles' cleared plate, along with the pot pie dish, and Veles ordered another bitter brew, making sure Tayva didn't feel rushed to finish her meal on account of him. The waiter was gone and back in a flash, setting down a fresh mug before disappearing back into the kitchen. He knew Veles enjoyed discreet service. When Veles lifted his coat again, Cayleb was still curled into a tiny ball, snoring ever so lightly. Veles couldn't help but chuckle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:11 am

"He just enjoys new company. It's rare that he gets to meet new people." Tayva explained with a smile, peeking over the table to catch a glimpse of him napping. He opened his eyes sleepily as he was offered another piece of meat, taking it into his mouth and chewing on it vigorously, before putting his head down once more for a nap. Of course if allowed to roam free he could have shown people that not all Rift Beasts were to be feared, but that was just something she couldn't risk doing.

"I only know of this 'Enlightenment' through word of mouth. I can't say that I have any memory of it. Perhaps its even possible I wasn't here for it." Tayva shrugged. She had heard people complain and remissness about better times before the event that brought the world to its current state, mostly the humans that had thought their lives were better off prior. But She could not say whether or not she agreed, for she did not know the whole truth about why such events had happened.

"Anyways, I guess work is work. I would like to be able to live a little more comfortably, rather than staying out on the streets with no money in my pocket. I just can't help but feel that if I stay out there, something bad might happen." She had heard whispers of people vanishing off the streets, the unfortunate souls who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, becoming innocent bystanders in illegal activities. She had been fortunate so far in not getting caught up in such activities, but surely it was only a matter of time before she went digging for food in somewhere she wasn't meant to be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:37 am

The young Celestial made some valid points about living on the street. Veles hadn't really thought about that kind of life in years. He really had come to settle down in the Dark Forest, he was living a routine life in his older years.

"That is true, this city is full of those who don't mind forgetting a few rules from time to time. Hell, I'm one of them. At least you'll know if you hear stories of a big grey wolf coming to eat you in the middle of the night, you'll have nothing to fear." Veles noted, his smirk following the last sentence was because he was actually proud that he had instilled some fear into the citizens of this city. Hidden behind the walls of safety, cultures actually forgot that the world was dangerous. They needed to be reminded from time to time.

Taking another sip from his fresh mug of bitter brew, Veles made a decision internally which would lead these two to a much safer life in the near future. "I will get you in contact with someone, I'm sure, though it might take some time." Veles reassured.

Sipping slowly from his mug, Veles idly pet Cayleb's sleeping form. It had been a while since he'd done anything quite like this, and he knew instantly that he'd been missing out in the meantime. There was something simply calming about petting a tiny creature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 1:54 am

"I really appreciate it. It would be nice to have a place of my own." Tayva smiled, pushing away her plate as she finished off her meal. The opportunity to be able to have a place of her own to live and to let Cayleb run around freely was something she could only dream of. Of course the thought of settling down with someone was way in the back of her mind, but it would have been nice for the girl to have some company, friends and whatnot. Cayleb made a nice companion, but any conversation would simply be one way.

"How do I get in touch with you after?" she questioned, not having any real way to communicate with the man, not even sure how to contact someone she had just met. Unless of course they arranged for somewhere to meet, but that could be tedious. She didn't mind having to wait if it meant the opportunity to live out a better life, at least for Cayleb's sake.

"Also I do believe there's a matter of getting cleaned up. I'm still a mess after all." she added, grinning slightly as she remembered that she still looked like some street urchin, her hair messy and clothes dirty. It would be nice to be able to wash off for once, look a little more presentable if she was supposed to meet someone. Of course that was only if she got the job, which she knew she was going to dwell on for the remainder of the day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 2:20 am

Tayva was smiling a bit more now, her entire meal cleared from her plate as well. With her tiny frame, she must be filled to bursting after a portion that large. She had taken absolutely everything offered though, which spoke of her needs as well.

"I did say I wanted some information from you, though not all of it can come from you exactly at this moment. Here's my situation. I've been tasked with following a target, and making sure he gets to a certain place at a certain time. It's all months down the road, but learning his habits is part of what I must do. The unfortunate part, is he knows what I look like." Veles began to explain, opening the bartering early, so she could think on his offer.

"Alexander, the owner here, is too tight lipped for me to pressure for the information, but you're fresh and new to town, no one would think twice if you were frequenting a restaurant. I would like you to come in, each night this week and the following, and watch for this man. He's short, fat, and wears too much gold, he's impossible to miss. What I need then, is anything and everything about his visit, what he orders, what he drinks, who he brings with him, anything that can be overheard. The more detail the better. You can have whatever you'd like on the menu each night, and you'll likely want a take-away for Cayleb as well. I will settle that with Alexander whenever he gets through chewing out that seafood vendor." Veles explained. Even though no one was in the bistro, he still hunched over slightly and talked in hushed tones as if someone would overhear him.

"This meal, the clothes we will be picking up, and the stop to get cleaned up are in no way connected to you saying Yes or No, though hopefully they are a nice incentive for being amenable." Veles added the bit of information before she could really respond.

Hearing heavy footsteps from within the kitchen and a few loud curses yelled in back, Veles deftly scooped Cayleb up and held him out for Tayva. "Time for him to hide again, Alexander's on the way."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 2:28 am

Despite the curiosity that Tayva held in the supposed task that Veles held, she was in no position to really push him for information, such as why. The way he explained things to her seemed rather secretive, and so she knew she probably wouldn't get much of an explanation if she were to ask. Further, she didn't want to jepordize any chance of making herself more established in the world.

"I'll do what I can." Tayva agreed, quickly grabbing Cayleb from his grasp as he handed off the sleepy creature to her. Her companion let out a small whine, trying to open his sleepy eyes to figure out why he was being moved. Though before he could fully awaken, he was placed back into her bag once again, the top shut to keep anyone from seeing him. Fortunately the creature was not too lively at the moment, simply going back to sleep as he was placed in the bag.

Even though he stated that her compliance would not change his generosity, she still felt as if she were in debt to the man. He had plucked her off the streets after all, having no real need to do so, and was really helping her out in a world that seemed to have forgotten her existence. He was a godsend to her, especially considering that she was in need now more than ever. And so she would be happy to comply with whatever it was he needed help with, even if she wasn't fully aware of the purpose of his mission.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:24 am

Veles noted that Tayva hesitated for just a moment before agreeing to his terms. She might be concerned over the job, but gave more consideration to her life and that of Cayleb's to refuse. The steady meals would likely do them both good, he knew Fingers, the mad he had been assigned to follow frequented this place several nights a week, so she'd have something to do, as well. He smiled and nodded as she accepted.

The kitchen doors swung open and a fairly tall man stepped out of the back, standing at just under seven feet the man wasn't so much husky, just large. Other very floorboards of the bistro shook as he strode to the table where the werewolf and celestial had shared a meal. "Can is, you old dog, what brings you into the city?" Alexander asked, cutting straight to the point. His temper had grown thin over the past hour when his seafood vendor claimed a shortage, making scallops more valuable by weight than gold. Alexander had won, of course, but the argument had taken much longer than it should have.

Veles stood and stepped next to the table, extending his hand to shake Alexander's as he approached. "Alexander, I'd like you to meet Tayva. She's new in town and is getting settled in. Until she gets up and running, I've told her that she should come in here for a few meals and you and I will settle for it. Would you like cash now, or when it's done?" Veles asked in his usual gruff voice. Alexander liked straight discussion, it made working with him so much easier.

"I'm sorry my friend, but I must ask it be up front, times have been a bit tight lately." Alexander motioned his hand to the empty room. "Perfectly alright, old friend, just make sure that little druggie with the tattoo on his face doesn't bother her. She gets whatever she wants." Veles agreed, taking out a tightly folded wallet from his front pocket, he pulled several large bills out, handing them to Alexander with a nod. "Thank you for the trouble, tell your boy in back he did well today, not tripping and all. Are you all set?" Veles asked Tayva, having concluded the deal with the bistro's owner.

Stepping slightly away from the table, allowing room for Tayva to get up, Veles dropped some money on the table before closing his wallet and slipping it deftly back into his pocket. Alexander didn't quite know it yet, but he'd been paid very handsomely for his trouble. Veles felt a bit good about himself, now Alexander's bistro would still be open the next time he came into town for sure. Umbra had just paid him and the money just seemed to be burning a hole in his pocket. Generosity was a slippery slope.

As the two headed for the front door, making their way toward the clothing shop, Veles had no clue there was a too-thin man hiding just around the corner of the building. He had tattoos under each of his eyes and was fidgeting slightly from withdrawal. He was in pain, he needed that next fix. The small knife he held in a white knuckle grip would ensure that. He was going to mug the two leaving the restaurant. At least that was his plan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 11:53 am

Tayva listened to the short conversation, one hand on her bag as she awaited their move to go get some new clothing for her. It seemed as if the man called Alexander was unaware of the plans that they had set, which was probably a good thing. She didn't want sort of different treatment from the man if she was supposed to act as a scout for Varis. And the promise of more food for her meant that she wouldn't have to dirty herself up too much, not necessarily needing to dumpster dive for awhile.

She was rather quiet as the two men discussed things quickly, simply giving Alexander a small smile when she was introduced, and as Veles gestured for them to go, she slipped her bag over her shoulders and moved to her feet. Tayva watched as he dropped some more money on the table, making the Celestial wonder just how much money the man had. He seemed to be quite flushed with cash with all of the offers he had made, wondering if it was perhaps because he worked for the same man he was to reference her to. Tayva wondered if she would ever have that kind of money, as it'd be nice to be able to afford whatever she wanted.

As Tayva got onto her feet, she was a little unsteady at first, never actually having felt full before, and so was almost overtaken by the feeling. However she quickly straightened herself up, before following the man out of the store closely. No wonder Cayleb had almost fallen asleep right away, having been so satisfied with their meal almost made Tayva want to doze off as well. But perhaps a good stroll would keep her from falling asleep right away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:57 am

Stepping out of the bistro door and onto the sidewalk, Veles waited a moment, holding the door for young Tayva to follow him. A slight gust of wind caught his face, and even encouraged his long jacket to billow slightly. Just as Tayva stepped onto the sidewalk, Veles felt the sharp point find his back, and a tight grip grasp at his shoulder.

"Gi... give.. Give me the wallet." a voice called out quietly at first, and after a slight clearing of his throat, more assertively. The scrawny junkie was demanding money for his next fix. His grip was tight and the knife was already digging through his coat and into the flesh of his back.

Veles' lip quivered a bit, his canines seemed to be a bit longer. He held completely still, his hand even still holding the bistro door open. A low growl escaped his lips, possibly alerting Tayva to his displeasure at being stabbed in the back. What she might not notice were that his fingertips were now tipped with black claws instead of fingertips.

This junkie with tattoos under his eyes had chosen a poor day to hold up a werewolf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:05 pm

Tayva hadn't seen the junkie until it was too late, quite startled as the man demanded violently for his money. She jumped back slightly as she saw the knife in his possession. Never before had Tayva felt herself to be in any sort of danger, but even now, when she wasn't the man's priority in his hold-up, Tayva couldn't help but feel the twinge of worry that ran up her spine, causing her hands to twitch, then clamp shut into fists.

As her hands clamped into fists, she felt some form of unconscious power stir within her, something which she had only felt whenever she tried to stir the plants into their growth. There was a dim light coming from her balled up fists, something which she did not see. The ground under their attacker began to shift and stir, green sprouts poking up from under the material that made up the street.

With a loud 'crack', the green sprouts rapidly stretched out in the form of vines, snaking around the junkie's legs, creeping up his fragile-looking body, and around his legs. Tayva had no idea that she was even controlling the growth of the plants, but as she saw the vines coiling around the man's frame, she couldn't help but let out a small gasp, then looked to her hands. Somehow she had tapped into her powers once again, but rather than target an already existing plant, she had somehow been able to create the vines from nothing. Perhaps there was more to what she could do than simply grow plants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:00 pm

Veles remained where he was for a moment, hearing an unsettling sound behind him. It wasn't unnatural, but it was out of place, especially here within the city. It was the slight creak of plantlife shifting, the rustle of vines and leaves.

Just before he was about to turn around and face his attacker, the knife jutting into his back pulled away. It was almost as if the attacker had second thoughts, or perhaps he was getting ready for a lunge, a quick stab to make it know he meant business. It was then that Veles noticed the faint glow around Tayva's hands, she seemed to be concentrating so hard, but not at all. She gasped slightly, and Veles needed to know what she was focused so intently on.

Turning, Veles reached out a claw tipped hand and grabbed for the junkie, catching him right around the throat and lifting just a bit. His normal intent would have been to lift the man and remove his leverage. The man was tangled and tied to the ground by vines too numerous to count.

"Looks like you've chosen a very bad day for this, tweaker." Veles growled at the junkie who was now in his grip. The too-thin man slashed viciously with his knife, catching Veles in the forearm, but not forcing him to release his tight grip.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chance Encounters (Tayva)   Chance Encounters (Tayva) Empty

Back to top Go down

Chance Encounters (Tayva)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next